Enjoy your long weekend holiday!

Hope some nice weather for the holiday, looks like it may rain here though looking out the window. Anyone join in the boat races?

3 Likes

National Zongzhi Day is coming! :yum:

Wish I could be in Tainan to fully appreciate it.

Guy

4 Likes

Going to Xiao Liu Qiu today…will be madness tomorrow.

2 Likes

You sir are braver than I! :salute:

Guy

I shall return to the land of smiles to continue my researches into herbal medicines of the combustible kind.

3 Likes

Jealous! Pai, one of the islands, or where?

Just outside of Kanchanaburi. Accommodation is half price right now. I gonna do a whole work week here.

6 Likes

I never travel on holiday weekends, I work through and take time off later when everyone else is working.

Despite rain forecasts it’s so far been 2 beautiful days in Kaohsiung, but sitting inside working is better than fighting the crowds

5 Likes

Ditto, minus the “beautiful day” part in the capital. :joy:

I’m in my office also getting some work done. I admit I kinda like it though when Taipei empties out . . .

Guy

The trick is to go slightly earlier or later.
We had a wonderful time in Xiao Liu Qiu and came back before the masses departed also.

2 Likes

My trick is to go a week or 2 later :laughing:

3 Likes

Lol

So I’m relaxing in a hotel spa in Yilan in a tub thingy with my eyes closed. Next thing there is noise so I open my eyes and two kids are pointing and laughing and declaring ‘waiguoren’ then I get blasted in the face with a super soaker and they are gone again, their mum in tow watching but not batting an eyelid. I’m like Jesus Christ… I look around and figure out who the dad is. Few minutes later they are back and one of them comes over with the monkey impersonation shouting waiguoren again, I’m like ‘listen kid that’s not very…’ super soaker into the face again, it’s his sister launching a strike from the side. Look over at the dad: no recognition. They go to rinse and repeat fly by super soaker waiguoren bombing runs and I beat a retreat out of the spa. Figure there was a possible tar baby effect if I spoke to the parents or staff - I mean if that’s how the kids are behaving who wants to find out how the parents behave, so just left :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Now retired, our former president chillaxes in a sweatshirt to pass along these good wishes:

Source: x.com

Guy

1 Like

That was a good story. For some reason it got me thinking about Jimi P. Are you turning into Jimi P?

2 Likes

Agreed.

Dragon boat festival is my least favorite holiday in Taiwan, but mid autumn is my favorite.

Dragon boat means months and months of hot.

It’s called dragon boat because you’re in a boat, while dragon just breathe fire on it to cook you…

5 Likes

Apt description of this weekend.

1 Like

You get eat some nice food today

4 Likes

A reminder of heat. You get a dragon to breathe fire on the rice thing.