Enquiring mind wants 2 know...:-)

[color=blue] i have two questions…

#1: is there any club in town where they play after hours on weekends(in da morning and day time)??

#2: which club would you recommend for appreciating deep/jazzy/funky/ tribal house or any quality chillout music?

thanks a bunch!!! :smiley: :sunglasses: [/color]

Music is spiritual. The music business is not.
~ Van Morrison

To answer your first question. Room 18 (near Kuting MRT station) has (well at least they used to have) a Sunday afternoon thing. It’s a gay event, but you don’t have to be gay to go.

Brian

[quote=“Sir Donald Bradman”]To answer your first question. Room 18 (near Kuting (Guting) MRT station) has (well at least they used to have) a Sunday afternoon thing. It’s a gay event, but you don’t have to be gay to go.

Brian[/quote]

Don’t you mean 2F?

…no where that i know of…been looking hard for the past year(house music that is, chunky funky four on the floor beats, something with a groove, a soul, perhaps a Body&SOUL)…

sometimes this dude: www.kfancy.com and his buddies DJ Em and that one girl dj at 2nd floor, the one with the short hair…they all have great collections of house music…but…so few club owners let them have their way…

The upstairs lounge at 2nd floor Fri/Sat has a pretty good rotation of djs…you’ll most likely find what ur looking for up in there…

afterparties…2nd floor has afterhours(starts at 9am) Sundays…parties go til late afternoon…friendly mixed crowd…

goodluck…post if u find any better places playing house music

-mungz

You could also wandering around try XiMenTing. There’s always something in that area, and it’s pretty easy to find the (young Taiwanese) people who go. But these places are a mixed bag in terms of friendliness, legality and music quality. Actually, the music quality’s always been shite; nothing plays at less than 180bpm, if you know what I mean… Just go for a weekend walk, wear something cool, carry a glow stick or twelve, and you’ll probably get invited in…

Why doesn’t someone organise a day party, er, barbeque somewhere kinda private? For example, K-Fancy’s got a good place up in the mountains, which would make it legal…

Cheers,

The Big Babou

[quote]Sir Donald Bradman wrote:
To answer your first question. Room 18 (near Kuting (Guting) (Guting) MRT station) has (well at least they used to have) a Sunday afternoon thing. It’s a gay event, but you don’t have to be gay to go.

Brian

Don’t you mean 2F?[/quote]

Oh yeah, sorry, exactly what I mean. These places keep changing their names and I’m getting too old. I still think @live, but I mean 2F. As Mungacious said. 2F have the Sunday party. (not Rm 18).

Brian

[color=blue]wow, thank you for ALL the helpful replies! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

went to room 18 one time (at night)…though it was quite pricey, a couple of djs spinned surprisingly groovy chillin’ music. it was an inspiring & awesome experience.

it’s informative to know that 2/F plays on sunday afternoon! will definitely check it out.
though i always lurrved dancing and appreciating phat music, staying overnight is kinda hard for me and maybe (i guess) not good for immune system?!

it’s good to talk with like-minded people…keep posting, guys, in case you have any info or ideas… [/color]

Music is spiritual. The music business is not. ~ Van Morrison