Ensuring torrent ability before moving into a place

Well, it seems like I’ve signed a year lease to a big building in which the only Internet connection available is from a central building server that blocks all torrents from getting through.

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=52754

Well, I can live without torrents for a year without dying, so that’s all right.

But I’ve got a question:

What kind of things can a person do before sinking into a lease to ensure that they’re not blocked off impenetrably like I am at present…?

Questions to ask, things to make sure of, etc…

:notworthy:

If your internet came with your lease and its just a Cat 5 cable plugged into the wall, then its run through a central server that blocks all p2p traffic (some even disallow p2p because it “slows” everyone else down) Since I had that I just got my own hinet account and they gave me a modem and no more trouble with p2p or bt or whatever… I wish I could get those fiber things… I wonder should I move to xingdiang just for that?

rahimiiii’s right

i cant imagine any apartment block providing open access to the net. if they did unscrupulous people like me would hog bandwidth all day/night.

i guess the only solution is to get your own line installed…unlees of course you are 1337

Sure you can get fibre… but are you willing to pay NT$30,000 a month for access?? :smiley: :smiley:

Sure you can get fibre… but are you willing to pay NT$30,000 a month for access?? :smiley: :smiley:[/quote]

That can’t be right?