Entering on visitor's visa while having an ARC

Ok, here’s the situation…

Since last August I’ve been working in Taiwan and I had an ARC that expires on August 31st 2015. I’m extending my contract with my workplace until December 31st, but I’m going to go back to the UK for a month in August.

I leave Taiwan on August 1st (next Saturday) and arrive back on August 31st but my new ARC hasn’t finished being processed yet and we’re not sure that it will be by the time I leave, so I won’t be able to take the card back with me.

So it seems most likely that I’ll just have to re-enter on a visitor’s visa and then I’ll have my new ARC waiting for me when I get back (my boss will pick it up for me and hold onto it in the meantime).

I just want to check - is this possibly going to pose a problem? I mean if I try to re-enter on a visitor’s visa but I show up on their system as possessing an ARC could that be a problem? Or would it even be possible for me to enter through the ARC holder line without the physical card and they can look me up on the computer or whatever?

Any help or advice with this would be much appreciated.

The immigration office should be able to issue you a temporary ARC. I believe it’s just a piece of paper. I was in a similar situation a few years ago. Was going to have to leave the country for work whilst waiting for my new card to come in. From what I can recall, they just gave me a temporary card.

You could make ARC earlier (showing your flight ticket and written statement)
Many students have had this situation during Summer Holiday.

Yang Gui Zi is correct. I did this last year on vacation to Vietnam. The immigration office issued me a letter stating my ARC was approved and would be ready half-way through my time abroad. No problems other than a couple of raised eyebrows in Vietnam.