Entering Taiwan Health Declaration Form

Hi

I’m flying to Taiwan at the end of December and need some help understanding how to fill in the Health Declaration Form https://hdhq.mohw.gov.tw/Page/FromArea. I know it only needs to be done within 2 days of arrival in Taiwan but I want to know what to write in advance. I’d appreciate any input. I’ve already contacted MOHW but I was told to contact my Representative Office, who also couldn’t help. Some of the questions are probably obvious but I just want to make sure.

1 - For flight numbers/seat numbers/departure country, should I put my flight from the UK or my connection flight from Hong Kong to Taoyuan? And where it asks which countries I’ve been to, should I put Hong Kong, where I will transit?

2 - On page 3, under contact information, it asks for “mobile phone number”. I don’t have a Taiwanese sim card yet as I was under the impression I could buy one at the airport and then use that number to keep in contact with the CDC people as they monitor my health during quarantine. Do I put my UK number here and then update the authorities once I’m in Taiwan and have my Taiwan number?

3 - On the summary page, when you’ve completed the form, it has a space for “contact person in Taiwan” and “mobile phone number of contact person in Taiwan” but there is nowhere on the form to enter this info. Unless the section on “contact information” actually refers to your Taiwanese contact. And even then it doesn’t ask for a name. What did I miss here?

Again, would really appreciate any advice, especially from anyone who has been through this process.

I just now filled out the form to test:

1 - For flight numbers/seat numbers/departure country, should I put my flight from the UK or my connection flight from Hong Kong to Taoyuan? Put the originating flight (from UK) number

And where it asks which countries I’ve been to, should I put Hong Kong, where I will transit? According to this you will be around other people in the transit area so I myself would include Hong Kong, but I imagine this info is just for tracing purposes should you later test positive

2 - On page 3, under contact information, it asks for “mobile phone number”. I don’t have a Taiwanese sim card yet as I was under the impression I could buy one at the airport and then use that number to keep in contact with the CDC people as they monitor my health during quarantine. Do I put my UK number here and then update the authorities once I’m in Taiwan and have my Taiwan number? The cell phone fields allow for any type of input, so put your UK number for now.

3 - On the summary page, when you’ve completed the form, it has a space for “contact person in Taiwan” and “mobile phone number of contact person in Taiwan” but there is nowhere on the form to enter this info. Unless the section on “contact information” actually refers to your Taiwanese contact. And even then it doesn’t ask for a name. What did I miss here? Yeah, looks like they screwed up here as there’s nowhere to input this info (what a surprise :doh:). So just ignore it as there’s nothing else you can do.

Caveat: I myself haven’t been through this process.