Entering with US passport, expired TW pp with OSC stamp

I am 28, Born after 1985, I have an ID number in my old taiwanese passport ( which expired February 2012) and an overseas chinese stamp, which I do not plan on renewing. Per discussion with family, my household ID number has been canceled by my parents (don’t know if this is even possible). I am planning a 9 day trip to Taiwan and would like to enter Taiwan on my US Passport.

1. From what I have read, can I be considered a national without household registration? Or do I default as “with” because both my parents have IDs.
  2. If I have the overseas chinese stamp in my expired Taiwanese passport, can I enter with my US passport and leave without issues?
  3. Should I just cancel my trip and not deal with any of this?

Thanks!

[quote=“justwondering12345”]I am 28, Born after 1985, I have an ID number in my old taiwanese passport ( which expired February 2012) and an overseas chinese stamp, which I do not plan on renewing. Per discussion with family, my household ID number has been canceled by my parents (don’t know if this is even possible). I am planning a 9 day trip to Taiwan and would like to enter Taiwan on my US Passport.

1. From what I have read, can I be considered a national without household registration? Or do I default as “with” because both my parents have IDs.
  2. If I have the overseas chinese stamp in my expired Taiwanese passport, can I enter with my US passport and leave without issues?
  3. Should I just cancel my trip and not deal with any of this?

Thanks![/quote]

From what I can gather your parents refer to the automatic “freezing” of your household registration after you have left the ROC for a certain amount of time (> 2 years) without returning. A visit to your local HHR office will solve this, basically you tell them you are back.
You can only do this if you enter Taiwan with a valid ROC passport.

Also, considering that you are born in 1985 and within draft age I recommend you to renew your ROC passport and OSC stamp. Otherwise you will have a difficult time explaining why you are back, without OSC status and not doing your service.

I would have to read the HHR law to find out specifics as to whether your parents cancelled your registration. IMHO this is only possible if you are under 20 or they cancelled the entire record (including their own).