Epson printer nightmares

It doesn’t bleeding work and it is pissing me off.

I’m using a Mac (G4) and a C41UX, it keeps telling me that the jobs have been completed, when they haven’t even started.

There seems to be some kind of cache, I wonder do I need to clear this?I’ve tried but nothing seems to work.

It prints well - when it wants too, so my problem isn’t alignment or cleaning.

Ideas, short of throwing it out of the window.

Cheers, your Limeyness :notworthy:

Uninstall all that epson software and just use the standard windows drivers for it.
Had to do that with mine.

[quote=“TaiwanPsycho”]Uninstall all that epson software and just use the standard windows drivers for it.
Had to do that with mine.[/quote]

Somehow I don’t think Windows drivers will work with Limey’s Mac. :wink:

That said, I also had to do a similar thing on a Windows computer.

Limey, uninstall all of your printer stuff. Go to EPSON’s site and look for their latest Mac drivers and try those. Not much else you can do. I also don’t know much about Mac. As for igorveni…

Ahhh, you have a point. I also get blue lines across the page. I’ll try the unistall trick!

This could also clear what I think is a cache problem. Is it usual to uninstall/reinstall if you have problems such as these? I’m a relatively new computer user and am still saying “Wow, I can do this!”…or not in this case.

Thanks guys. L :smiley:

[quote=“Limey”]Ahhh, you have a point. I also get blue lines across the page. I’ll try the unistall trick!

This could also clear what I think is a cache problem. Is it usual to uninstall/reinstall if you have problems such as these? I’m a relatively new computer user and am still saying “Wow, I can do this!”…or not in this case.

Thanks guys. L :smiley:[/quote]

Well no, you shouldn’t really have to do it very often. But it is a relatively easy way to start with a clean slate, so to speak. It’s probably easier than trying to fix the problem, especially if you’re new to computers.

Again, I’m sorry I don’t know about Macs. If it had been Windows, I may have been able to give you a few more pointers.

Blue lines though… that sounds unusual. All the more reason to uninstall.

Well it turns out that Epson never produced a Mac driver for that product. Mmmm, I was using the Windows driver, hence the problems. Thanks to these lovely people:

sourceforge.net/project/showfile … up_id=1537

for finding a solution and making lots of non-Mac friendly products Mac friendly. They use Unix printing system and a thing called CUPS.

I printed a test page and the results were stunning. :notworthy:

Thanks for giving the advice about reinstalling the software- it cured my problems.

L.