"Er, albatross!" (fish ice cream, anyone?)

I was watching the news this evening, though without sound, so I couldn’t quite make out the whole story. It seems that one Taiwanese manufacturer has started making “fish ice creams”… Did I see it right?

yeh, it began in Japan first. it is very popular there i heard.

You guys need to get out more. (ha ha – I hardly EVER get to tell people that!! :laughing: :sunglasses: )

On the street to the north side of the Foreign Affairs Police building in Taipei, there is an ice cream store (look for the convenience store across the road at the intersection on the north side on the OTHER end, not the foreign affairs entrance, of the building – the ice cream store is the next shop, to the side away from the police) that offers 73 flavors of ice cream, including such perennial favorites as beef noodle, champagne, beer, hot pepper, carrot…the list goes on and on.

I get a scoop or two there every time I go in for an ARC or similar. Was almost disappointed when I got a 3-year ARC because of the reduction in ice cream trips. :laughing:

[quote=“ironlady”]You guys need to get out more. (ha ha – I hardly EVER get to tell people that!! :laughing: :sunglasses: )

On the street to the north side of the Foreign Affairs Police building in Taipei, there is an ice cream store (look for the convenience store across the road at the intersection on the north side on the OTHER end, not the foreign affairs entrance, of the building – the ice cream store is the next shop, to the side away from the police) that offers 73 flavors of ice cream, including such perennial favorites as beef noodle, champagne, beer, hot pepper, carrot…the list goes on and on.

I get a scoop or two there every time I go in for an ARC or similar. Was almost disappointed when I got a 3-year ARC because of the reduction in ice cream trips. :laughing:[/quote]

Ironlady,

That’s one of my favorite joints in Taipei… been going there since 1985… and the store is over 50 years old! Its on Wu Chang Street just behind the FAP building. Its called Snow King.

Love the Taro, Almond, Lychee, Mango and all the fruit flavors. The watermelon has watermelon seeds in it. Corn is weird. Sesame chicken is odd. Ginger is spicy.

I’ve been taking visitors there for years… they have an English menu also.

Sounds like an interesting place, I would make a trip out there soon, do any of you guys have the exact address?? I don’t really know where the FAP building is at. Is it on Wu Chang Street?? What is the cross street??

Thanks - MiakaW

As moi remembers it, the Taiwan News did a very good story about this shop a few years ago, written by either Gavin Phipps or Ian Lamont. Weekend section. Full page with photos. Since then I have been there 8 godzillion times for vanilla ice cream. sorry i only eat this flavor. i am not very experimental. fish? forget it!

[quote=“MiakaW”]Sounds like an interesting place, I would make a trip out there soon, do any of you guys have the exact address?? I don’t really know where the FAP building is at. Is it on Wu Chang Street?? What is the cross street??

Thanks - MiakaW[/quote]

Don’t know the exact address… but… the FAP building is at the intersection of Chung Hua Rd. and Wu Chang St. Wu Chang St. used to be called the “movie street” because years ago many movie theaters were located there in the Hsimending side of Wu Chang St. (and few were located elsewhere). Anyway, the FAP building has an entrance on Chung Hua St. and also one on the opposite side (if you go into the building from Chung Hua St., walk strait back to the opposite end of the building and there will be another entrance… exit this entrance :laughing: and you will see a parking lot. Look to your left… that’s Wu Chang St. Go away from the FAP building on Wu Chang St. and you will cross an alley… then a few doors up you will see the “73” on the sidewalk outside of the Shwei Wang (Snow King) ice cream joint. That’s it.

I really recommend the fruit flavors!

These sound simply awful: beef noodle, beer, hot pepper, carrot, watermelon with watermelon seeds in it, corn, sesame chicken, ginger…

Give me real gelato anytime!

Do they have durian flavor? :laughing:

I heard that they have shredded pork (

[quote=“MiakaW”]I heard that they have shredded pork (

they even have chodofu ice cream, yummy!

wowowow. how about those smelly Tofu flavor??!!
what else… medicine flavor, haha!

[quote=“Alien”]These sound simply awful: beef noodle, beer, hot pepper, carrot, watermelon with watermelon seeds in it, corn, sesame chicken, ginger…

Give me real gelato anytime![/quote]

Still they have like 100 flavors, there’s gotta be something for you! I have to go back for a visit.

Miaka, they actually have some Chinese medicine flavors so you’re set.

I saw some news from Taichung where someone were selling binlang icecream. What’s next - tobacco icecream? Or perhaps liver icecream? :stuck_out_tongue: