Errors

General Error

Could not insert new word matches

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1196 Warning: Some non-transactional changed tables couldn’t be rolled back

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) SELECT 551612, word_id, 0 FROM phpbb_search_wordlist WHERE word_text IN (‘general’, ‘error’, ‘insert’, ‘word’, ‘matches’, ‘debug’, ‘mode’, ‘sql’, ‘1196’, ‘warning’, ‘nontransactional’, ‘changed’, ‘tables’, ‘rolled’, ‘back’, ‘phpbbsearchwordmatch’, ‘postid’, ‘wordid’, ‘titlematch’, ‘select’, ‘551611’, ‘phpbbsearchwordlist’, ‘wordtext’, 'piment

[quote]General Error

Could not insert new word matches

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1196 Warning: Some non-transactional changed tables couldn’t be rolled back

INSERT INTO phpbb_search_wordmatch (post_id, word_id, title_match) SELECT 551612, word_id, 0 FROM phpbb_search_wordlist WHERE word_text IN (‘general’, ‘error’, ‘insert’, ‘word’, ‘matches’, ‘debug’, ‘mode’, ‘sql’, ‘1196’, ‘warning’, ‘nontransactional’, ‘changed’, ‘tables’, ‘rolled’, ‘back’, ‘phpbbsearchwordmatch’, ‘postid’, ‘wordid’, ‘titlematch’, ‘select’, ‘551611’, ‘phpbbsearchwordlist’, ‘wordtext’, 'piment

Previously, I didn’t have this problem come up so often. The search is just clicking on “24” “New” or “Own”.

Parse error: parse error in /home/httpd/vhosts/forumosa.com/httpdocs/taiwan/index.php on line 707

Feedback Forum. 4:50ish. When trying to return to Forum Index.

These are exciting times we live in, folks.

I think I got it :slight_smile:
Should be ok now

Jeez that was quick, Goose Egg!

New one related to the main database:

Recently, I’ll get an email notification saying that some thread I’m watching has been updated. I try to check the thread by clicking on the link in the email. I get a message saying that the topic has no posts or no such topic exists, etc.

New one related to the Search function:

Just now, I did a search for “JFRV work permit” after encountering the problem mentioned above. I got a really cool search result after a long time of waiting:

“Search found 19193 matches” (yeah, 384 pages or so)

Just a wild guess, but I think something might be wrong :wink:

[quote=“seeker4”]New one related to the main database:

Recently, I’ll get an email notification saying that some thread I’m watching has been updated. I try to check the thread by clicking on the link in the email. I get a message saying that the topic has no posts or no such topic exists, etc.[/quote]It’s possible the thread was moved or merged with another and didn’t exist anymore when you came to look at it, just a thought.

[quote]New one related to the Search function:

Just now, I did a search for “JFRV work permit” after encountering the problem mentioned above. I got a really cool search result after a long time of waiting:

Just a wild guess, but I think something might be wrong :wink:[/quote]Your search contained the word “work” if you do that it will match every single post or something, same thing if you use the word “times”, makes searching for “Taipei Times” difficult. :loco:

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“seeker4”]New one related to the main database:

Recently, I’ll get an email notification saying that some thread I’m watching has been updated. I try to check the thread by clicking on the link in the email. I get a message saying that the topic has no posts or no such topic exists, etc.[/quote]It’s possible the thread was moved or merged with another and didn’t exist anymore when you came to look at it, just a thought.[/quote]
It’s a good thought.

Does the email notification send you a link that goes “?t=…”? This is a topic URL, as opposed to a “post URL” which uses “?p=…”. I suspect Topic URLs are more susceptible to being “lost” when a merge occurs

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote]New one related to the Search function:

Just a wild guess, but I think something might be wrong :wink:[/quote]Your search contained the word “work” if you do that it will match every single post or something, same thing if you use the word “times”, makes searching for “Taipei Times” difficult. :loco:[/quote]
Yes, BFM sounds right, and your guess is wrong - the results of your search prove that it is working very well. But it still isn’t very useful.

Try putting your search terms inside quotes or separate the terms with “AND”. Even better, limit the scope of your search to specific forums or categories. These are basic tips for any search engine (like Google), and they work here too. I’ll bring back the forum specific forms this week.

I hope this helps

BFM: You might be right, but let’s just say that I’ve searched before once or twice here and on the internet. Never got 20,000 hits before. That said, of the two standard options in the search (“find any of the words” or “find all of the words”), didn’t # 2 used to be the default? Can’t remember.

BTW, I tried the search again just now, to be sure with “find all of the words” chosen, and got this message:

“No topics or posts met your search criteria” ?? Can’t imagine it was deleted. Maybe renamed.

Goose Egg: Can’t tell about the “t=” or “p=”. The email is gone now. It was an old thread, just active again over the last couple of days, called “[JFRV] Work Permit … blah blah”. Not sure where it went.

Your memory is correct - #2 used to be the default. I haven’t started tweaking the search function yet :slight_smile:

FWIW, I tried a search using the terms “work permit” and got 104 results. I chose search for ALL terms and to only search for TITLES. I also limited the search to the Legal category, so it covers on the legal forums

Try this out and let me know if you find what you are looking for this way

Cheers

I had this one just now…

[quote]Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/httpd/vhosts/forumosa.com/httpdocs/taiwan/includes/page_header.php on line 532
[/quote]

Sorry, that was me. It should be ok now, right?

I just got a message - like a PM notification thingee - wishing me a happy belated 43rd bithrday . . but my 43rd birthday isn’t until October this year.

What’s freaking me out is I walked around for almost six months thinking I was 43 after my last birthday until someone pointed out the inconsistent maths issues.

Still it was nice.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]I just got a message - like a PM notification thingee - wishing me a happy belated 43rd bithrday . . but my 43rd birthday isn’t until October this year.

What’s freaking me out is I walked around for almost six months thinking I was 43 after my last birthday until someone pointed out the inconsistent maths issues.

Still it was nice.

HG[/quote]
I’m sorry… uh, I mean, you’re welcome… I think?

I didn’t realize it/we would contact you.

As you’ve pointed out, the birthdays are back. This time around your entering your date of birth is not required.

With regard to the age glitch that you pointed out, check the year that is being used by the system in your Member Center (see the link at the top of this page)

Ha ha ha!

No, it was nice, seriously.

Actually, the date is right in my centre thingee, so it’s not a belated 43rd, it’s still to come.

Sure you’ve set the date on the thing right?

HG

Cheers, and thank you for reporting the bug.

http://www.forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=49954&highlight=

MT’s over the moon too!

HG

a little weird.

this thread:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=50073

has 4 replies, but had 0 views as i looked over the “new” postings. i believe it is 4 and 2 now, as i reclicked on it to see what would happen.

nothing earth-shattering though …

[quote=“xtrain”]a little weird.

this thread:

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=50073

has 4 replies, but had 0 views as i looked over the “new” postings. i believe it is 4 and 2 now, as i reclicked on it to see what would happen.

nothing earth-shattering though …[/quote]This happens when we split off posts from a thread and create brand new one