Ethnic cleansing in Yarkant (Shache), China

dw.de/uighur-congress-disput … a-17822883

voanews.com/content/china-ui … 67835.html

uyghurcongress.org/en/?p=21632

According to one Chinese sources, the PLA has wiped out 4 ethic Uyghur villages in Yarkant (莎車 Shache), and massacred about 3,000 to 5,000 people. The PLA entered the area on the first day of Eid al-Fitr (July 28th), and stormed a house where women and children gathered in prayers while men were at the mosque. Everyone in that house were killed, which about 50 of them. When the men returned they carried the dead bodies onto the streets to protest PLA brutality, and were captured for “attacking the police station”. Things escalated from there.

People from that original village went to spread words to neighboring villages and a jihad was called. In the sebsequent days, the PLA called in bombers and bombed the 4 villages involved. PLA were ordered to kill everyone, and even chopped off heads of the victims. 17 ethnic Uyghur SWAT members were ordered to confirm that everyone was dead. When other PLA members discovered at least 13 people, mostly pregnant women and children, were hiding and still alive, the 17 Uyghur SWAT members were executed on site, along with the 13 survivors. Ethnic cleansing is now spreading to other towns.

The Chinese media maintains only 59 violent bandits were killed and those bandits caused 30 or so civilian deaths.

I’m skeptical about claims of massacres carried out for ethnic cleansing. But the situation seems well out of control.

I have spent quite a bit of time in XJ, including three months in Kashgar.

Uighurs have long taken a pretty bleak view of their situation, and with recent events many now see zero hope. Some of those able have tried to emigrate as refugees. Even before Xi Jinping got stuck in, the government was doing things that seem calculated to provoke resentment: pressuring Uighur males on the public pay roll (e.g. teachers) to either shave or face the sack, forcing students to eat lunch during Ramadan, etc. Even half a decade ago Kashgar was crawling with plainclothes police to the point that young uighurs much preferred the relative freedom of Urumqi.

The Chinese by and large just don’t get it though. Even in Xinjiang, where the Chinese locals should be able to see what is going on (and be motivated to reduce local resentment), people typically just think someone should ‘teach the uighurs a lesson’.

So I expect more violence, while the Chinese will slowly assimilate the Uighurs. That is pretty much what they pulled off in Southwest China (e.g. Guizhou, Yunnan, etc.). What once you had kingdoms resisting Chinese rule, now you have ethnic song and dance shows.

No Way!! My Professor while I was in studying in China told me the CPC respected the Uighurs along with all the ethnic minorities of China. She even showed me the song the CPC made for the ethnic minorities.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Nati … e_Ensemble

[quote=“Andrew0409”]No Way!! My Professor while I was in studying in China told me the CPC respected the Uighurs along with all the ethnic minorities of China. She even showed me the song the CPC made for the ethnic minorities.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Nati … e_Ensemble[/quote]

I thought propaganda like that is as easy to see through as screen windows.

some news prior to July 28th:

2014-7-25 18:45 Chinese Authorities Jail 17 Uyghurs Over Shooting Protest
2014-7-17 17:10 Authorities Move to Protect Han Chinese Following Deadly Xinjiang Attack
2014-7-17 12:40 Residents say discriminatory policies provoked …
2014-7-9 19:40 Four Arrested in Stabbing Death of Xinjiang Police Officer
2014-7-8 21:55 Kashgar College in Xinjiang Threatens Fasting Muslim Students With Expulsion
2014-7-8 11:55 China Holds Hundreds of Uyghurs As ‘Anti-Terror’ Campaign Spreads
2014-7-7 19:10 Uyghurs are also being denied access to …
2014-7-7 16:35 US Academic Close to Uyghur Scholar Barred From Entering China
2014-6-27 19:55 Tohti’s Wife Concerned Over His Health; Beijing Under Fire From Rights Groups
2014-6-26 19:30 Detained Uyghur Scholar Rejects Separatism Charges in Meeting with Lawyers
2014-6-26 11:35 China Steps Up ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Measures Targeting Ramadan
2014-6-25 21:35 Police Officer Stabbed to Death, Another Wounded in Xinjiang Attack
2014-6-23 18:20 Uyghur Mother Detained For Public Outcry Over Missing Son
2014-6-22 16:40 Five Police Officers Killed in Attack on Xinjiang Security Checkpoint
2014-6-20 16:30 Uyghur Language Activist Formally Charged, Thrown in Notorious Prison
2014-6-16 20:30 Detained Uyghur Scholar Tohti Put on Secret Trial and Sentenced?
2014-6-12 22:45 China’s Holding Back of Terrorism Evidence Seen as Baffling
2014-6-11 18:50 Six Killed, Two Injured in Fresh Xinjiang Clashes
2014-6-5 21:5 Four Killed in New Violence, Nine Sentenced to Death in Xinjiang
2014-5-28 19:5 Two Uyghur Teens Shot Dead After Kashgar Knife Attack
2014-5-26 22:29 Police Defuse Bombs After Blast in Xinjiang’s Kashgar Prefecture

These kinds of news goes all the way back for a couple of years, these are from earlier this year:

2014-2-28 - Xinjiang Police Fire Tear Gas on Uyghur Crowd at Bazaar
2014-2-28 - Authorities Bar Lawyer From Meeting With Detained Uyghur Scholar’s Wife
2014-2-26 - Three Students of Uyghur Scholar Ilham Tohti Formally Arrested
2014-2-18 - Detained Uyghur Scholar ‘Denied Legal Defense’: Lawyer
2014-2-14 - 'Attack’ on Police Patrol in Xinjiang Leaves 11 Dead
2014-2-05 - Missing Uyghur Journalist Found Jailed on ‘Separatism’ Charges
2014-2-03 - Uyghur Official Murdered, Man Killed in Xinjiang
2014-1-24 - 11 Uyghurs Killed at Kyrgyzstan Border, Triggering Call for Probe
2014-1-17 - Uyghur Villagers Forcibly Relocated to Make Way For Tourist Resorts
2014-1-13 - Uyghur Woman Forced to Abort Six-Month Pregnancy While Ill
2014-1-09 - China Steps Up ‘Strike Hard’ Campaign in Xinjiang
2013-12-30 - Eight Uyghurs Die in Fresh Violence in China’s Xinjiang
2013-12-27 - Land-Grab Farmers in Xinjiang Held For Speaking to ‘Hostile’ Media
2013-12-18 - Six Women Among Uyghurs Shot Dead in Xinjiang Violence
2013-12-16 - At Least 16 Killed in Latest Violence in Xinjiang

Sorry, I think my sarcasm dosn’t translate well on the web. As you can see by my profile pic, I’m no fan of the Communist party. It’s funny, because this was also the same professor that expected me to know and be able to sing China’s national anthem because i told her I was from Taiwan “province”.

Putting the Beiing Uighur prof in jail on trumped up charges shows how ruthless and uncompromising this administration is. Just like I predicted, Xi Jin Ping is lurching even more to authoritarianism. It must be painful for them not to be able to cordon off HK like their usual modus operanda when trouble brews.

Did you sing sanmin zhuyi ? :laughing:

Been treated to hearty congrats from Chinese students recently that my country has managed to crush its successionists, the Scots. Explaining that I’m an Anglo supporter of Scots independence blows their brainwashed minds. The ‘No’ vote has made them very smug.

[quote=“Ermintrude”]
Did you sing Sanmin zhuyi ? :laughing:

Been treated to hearty congrats from Chinese students recently that my country has managed to crush its successionists, the Scots. Explaining that I’m an Anglo supporter of Scots independence blows their brainwashed minds. The ‘No’ vote has made them very smug.[/quote]

It’s sad that the concept of treat someone well and give them freedom will keep the union isn’t the lesson they take away from the Scottish referendum.

https://outline.com/EegC6D

In China, every day is Kristallnacht
NOVEMBER 03, 2019
In China, every day is Kristallnacht.

Eighty-one years ago this week, in what is also known as the “Night of Broken Glass,” hundreds of synagogues and Jewish cemeteries in Nazi Germany were damaged or destroyed, along with thousands of Jewish-owned businesses. It was in a sense the starting gun for the genocide that culminated in the extermination camps of Auschwitz, Sobibor and Treblinka.

In western China, the demolition of mosques and bulldozing of cemeteries is a continuing, relentless process.

yikes

3 Likes

Mosques and churches are all being demolished. There is no religious freedom despite what they claim. They oppress all religions there. Totally despicable

1 Like

Totalitarian regimes always go for the intellectuals and potential leaders first.

‘Rahile Dawut is a respected scholar who in 2017 was preparing to travel to Beijing from her home in Urumqi when she was taken away. Years before she disappeared, she said, “If one were to remove these . . . shrines, the Uighur people would lose contact with earth. They would no longer have a personal, cultural and spiritual history. After a few years we would not have a memory of why we live here or where we belong.’

1 Like