EU will require authorization from Visa exempt countries from 2021

Includes both Taiwan and US. It’s not a visa but an authorization to travel.

Like the US equivalent, this is a joke. Requiring authorization for passport holders but yet allowing millions of illegal immigrants (USA) and “refugees” (EU) to enter without any vetting.

3 Likes

Another step away from freedom of movement…

And how is this different from requiring a visa?

1 Like

Seems like the same info you fill out on a visa form.

They’re not opposed to immigration. They’re opposed to legal immigration.

Freedom of movement only applies to EU/Schengen citizens. :roll:

You need a bunch of crap to apply for a visa. With this you only have to go online and fill out a form.

1 Like
  1. Freedom of movement within the EU currently also applies to US and Canadian citizens. That is being taken away. I don’t like it when freedom of any kind, for anyone, is taken away. (Note: I also oppose ESTA.)

2. You mean, just like a Sri Lankan visa.

You obviously don’t know what freedom of movement means. Visa policy has nothing to do with freedom of movement. Freedom of movement of persons refers to the common regime in which EU citizens can freely live and work in any EU member state. What you are thinking is visa free access for selected countries, which is a completely different legal notion.

What?

Probably an excuse to get money like ESTA for the United States. Some of the questions on that form are just silly such as; do you or have you ever had any affiliation with any terrorist groups?

2 Likes

In addition to Croatia, citizens of Poland, Romania, Bulgaria and Cyprus also need a visa to go to the US. The European Parliament has asked the European Commission to impose reciprocity measures against the United States for discrimination against EU citizens.

I think you are confusing “visa free travel” with “freedom of movement within the EU”.

Freedom of movement in the EU usually refers to the right of EU citizens to travel and live anywhere in the EU.

2 Likes

Here’s a look on how this will work

3 Likes

I wish that wasn’t true, but I think you are right :frowning:

At the height of the refugee crisis this was kinda true. I was in the continent then and at the borders they would “randomly” check the documents of Arab-looking people whereas white ppl and Asians would be ignored. Once they actually took an Arab guy off the Flixbus I was on.

It’s only 7 euros lasting 3 years. I think it’s so they can create some useless government jobs for people to process this lol

1 Like

It’s basically a cash grab. Vietnam looks for 25 USD each time

1 Like

It’s all about $$$

1 Like

Quick way to make 7 bucks from millions of people.
Cost them not much as it’s all electronic.

And part with some cash cash