🇪🇺 Europe | Choosing last country on European trip

San Marino

1 Like

No. Italy has two independent sovereign states as enclaves. Vatican and San Marino.

1 Like

Croatia :croatia:

2 Likes

What’s good about Croatia?

1 Like

Austria?

Vienna (Wien) is lovely, recommend the Schonbrunn Palace to see the Gloriette, and Praterstern park for the old ferris wheel. Or, Salzburg for the mountains. Hills are alive, don’t you know?

1 Like

Wtf? They are nothing like Taiwan. NOTHING

Italy is the best country to visit. Spain is really good too. But Italy wins.

What a random itinerary.

2 Likes

I heard good things about their food and it’s relatively cheap. I’m going to Hvar Island in September flying into Split. Their beaches can be really nice.

1 Like

Portugal is amazing but you should just go to Italy.

2 Likes

How about Madeira? It’s not Spain and lots of Atlantic.

Looks lovely.

2 Likes

I’m also not sure where he is coming from.

Japan is the closest to Italy. Both have a very pure culinary philosophy, value craftsmanship, and are even quite similar phonically. A lot of Japanese people can actually pick up Italian quite well.

2 Likes

Japan is 10 times more organised and cleaner though, and the infrastructure is also 10 times better, but still Italy is a spectacular tourist destination. It’s insanely beautiful everywhere you go.

1 Like

Don’t bother with Sicily. Shit hole.

Definitely far more efficient but the closest in terms of culture in Asia.

Well I’ve only been to the north and Rome/Florence, but pictures of Sicily look really good too, and Italians all agree that southern Italy and Sicily have the best food.

1 Like

They’re like Taiwan to me–I’m not visiting until I finish my business.

But central Italy is similar to Taiwan in industrial structure; they have a large machine tool and textile industry.

They also live with their parents until they’re married, and have semi-arranged marriages.

Fugettaboutit!

You’ve had many bad takes in the past but this has got to be the worst one.

3 Likes

Ohhhhhhhhhhh!

The north is wealthy and more like Switzerland. Sicily was a festering dump (with Ragusa being the only exception). It gets tiring looking at ancient wonders adorned with rotting bags of garbage and dog shit. The people have ruined it.

The food in Sicily was nothing to write home about unless you like seafood, which was excellent.

Beaches, food is good, things are still cheap, lots of things to see (old roman ruins, nature, ECT)

1 Like

Check out split before you head to the islands. I spent a lot of time in split. The old town really is beautiful.