Europe Needs to Look East

Thanks for your concern Fred. But I will be fine.
Actually I might apply for Austrian citizen ship soon.
So I really don’t need to worry about the situation in Germany.
If you do have sleeping problems i recommend whisky.

Robi:

Actually, I am not really concerned about you personally. Yet, for you to write this off so casually as not really a concern makes me laugh. If any American had talked like this about a major geopolitical interest like the Ukraine, they would have been labeled a stupid cowboy or a disinterested selfish SUV driving bastard who only cares about their own conveniences. May I remind you that it was precisely this casual German nonchalance that started the Balkan conflict. Your nation was responsible to a far greater degree than any other actor for causing that conflict and you were one of the least responsible for cleaning it up. The British and French did far more as did the Dutch than the Germans and AGAIN here I mean the GERMAN GOVT.

So, keep your eye on this situation. I think that it has the potential to become very very serious. Anyway, perhaps I am the only one who sees this fine. But then don’t say that you were not informed about this when any trouble starts to happen.

Do like the occasional bourbon but do not need whiskey to get to sleep at night.

As you say Robi:

Absolutely nothing to worry about. Not a thing to worry about. Everything will be fine. Don’t worry. Better have some more of that whiskey I think…

[quote]Ukraine poll crisis deepens
Wednesday, November 24, 2004 Posted: 0133 GMT (0933 HKT)

Protesters fill Kiev’s Independence Square for a second day.
Image:

KIEV, Ukraine (CNN) – Despite cold temperatures and blowing snow, large crowds have gathered in three Kiev locations, shouting and waving flags and signs to support opposition presidential candidate Viktor Yushchenko after what they claim was a fraudulent election. [/quote]

edition.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europ … index.html

Fred, you just don’t understand German culture.

This is excellent for Germany. It will dramatically increase the influx of prostitutes and mail-order brides from Ukraine. This will lower prices. The morale boost will dramatically increase productivity in the German economy – those fucking Germans are hard workers. Plus the increased birth rate will help with long-term support for the social welfare programs that Germans love.

How come you are no longer a card carrying Fredinista?

No. This has the potential to be very very serious. I think that this could develop into something very nasty if things do not go well. Russia has a huge stake in “recovering” the Ukraine and we have a huge stake in making sure that does not happen. Lots of things can go wrong. Missteps can be made. Etc. and if they do, this could get very very very serious. I am very worried about how things are going in the Ukraine right now. Move it up to my No. 1 concern over Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Afghanistan, and slightly ahead of Pakistan tipping the wrong way.

Surely the American soldiers stationed in Germany will appreciate this, too.

Hey MaPoSquid, interesting conclusion, i never thought of that.

And Fred Whisky not Bourbon.

Now comes speculation that Yuschenko may have been poisoned!

theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ … tory/Front

I’m with Fred on this (I feel dirty saying that :wink: ) – this is getting alarming.

Rooftop:

Thanks for the ringing endorsement.

Hey Fred, you were right.
Finally some Germans start to worry about the situation in Ukraine. Dr. Klitchko went back to support the protesters.

russian troops in ukraine?

denverpost.com/Stories/0,141 … 08,00.html

this could get real ugly if the shit ever hits the fan.

Surely the American soldiers stationed in Germany will appreciate this, too.[/quote]

Nah,

The German girls fill that need… :smiling_imp:

Surely the American soldiers stationed in Germany will appreciate this, too.[/quote]

Nah,

The German girls fill that need… :smiling_imp:[/quote]

And it is safer with a German girl. Just look at me, I ordered a bride from Ukraine, opened the parcel … and she was made in Taiwan

Thank you Flipper. I have been pointing to the Ukraine for nearly 1.5 years and no one has been the least bit interested. Suddenly, this problem is sneaking up on people when it has existed all along. AND most people think that Americans are the ones who are slow to wake up. Right.

Anyway, I really hope that this problem is resolved peacefully and in a satisfactory way but this remains the No. 1 worry that I have this year. It has now pushed Pakistan going the wrong way to a close second. This really really does have the potential to ignite a terrible conflict. People should sit up and pay attention to this one.

Robi you can be flippant all you want but let’s just hope that nothing serious comes from this. The satisfaction of your eating humble pie fails to make the mess worthwhile in my humble opinion.

Blog from the Ukraine

Thank God Fred that your country guaranties my freedom that i can eat what pie i like…

Nah,

The German girls fill that need… :smiling_imp:[/quote]
No, American soldiers fill the frauleins’, uh, needs.

For a stehpinkler, I mean.

[quote]
No, American soldiers fill the frauleins’, uh, needs.

For a stehpinkler, I mean.[/quote]

???
Must be the difference between American and British English.
I don’t understand a word.

Robi:

Actually not just you need to be thankful. I think that most of the world should be very grateful for the peace and prosperity and freedom that Americans have brought the world. When you think about it what have other nations really done to do this? I mean various nations do contribute to efforts but where is the bulk of the effort and muscle coming from? America. We need to be very grateful to this nation for sending its sons and daughters to die for others who are not willing to fight. We need to be grateful to its tax payers for paying for these efforts despite increasing budget deficits when other nations cite their own deficits as sufficient reason for not helping. Thank God for America.

Nice.
I knew we don’t share the perception of the world or of politics.
And now i know as well that we don’t even share the same sense of humor.

But thank you for paying taxes.