European, my humble explanation

I hear you, european. I am also not surprised to discover that you and I do basically agree that individuals are far more complex than simply being a “Kerry supporter” or a “Bush supporter.”

Much of the discussion on these boards involves issues that many of us take very seriously. So even though a perfectly reasoned, pragmatic, productive debate may be the goal – it is not a goal that most of us imperfect creatures are capable of. Heck, for some people it is not the goal at all – sometimes people just want to blow off steam and have fun.

My own preference on these boards is to try my best to maintain a sense of humor and perspective. We are just chatting, after all.

Anyway I am off to enjoy a round of golf. (Needless to say, I are nothing for environmental effects of golf courses or for the conspicuous quantities of resources that such a hatefully aristocratic sport requires.) :wink:

I hope you enjoy your weekend, european. It’s been nice talking with you.

-Hobbes

Hobbes, You’re full of pigshit! You’ve obviously never known any U.S. military, or, if you have, you’ve been so blinded by your prejudices and unthinking parroting of some dogma you’ve read or been told, that you’re unable to differentiate between reality and unreality. An open mind would help. So would extentive therapy. Wake up and get real.

Your above post illustrates your extreme ignorance re the US and our military culture. How do you explain guys like Pat Tillman? Graduated from College with a 3.84 grade average and was drafted into the NFL where he was paid lots of money…

Former Arizona Cardinals safety Pat Tillman was killed in Afghanistan after walking away from a multimillion-dollar NFL contract to join the Army Rangers, U.S. officials said Friday.

And still they keep enlisting…

Despite the shrapnel wounds Staff Sgt. William Pinkley suffered during his tour in Iraq, the 26-year-old is joining other soldiers who are re-enlisting at rates that exceed the retention goals set by the Pentagon.