Events forums

When I first saw the new Kaoshiung, N. Taiwan (outside Taipei), etc. events forums, I looked around for the Taipei forum and coudln’t find it. Then I saw it was just “Events”.

I suggest renaming all those forums.
Events: Taipei City/County
Events: N. Taiwan
Events: Taichung & Central Taiwan
Events: Kaoshiung & Southern Taiwan

It would make it clearer to me.

If you take a look at the announcement post in the main Events forum, you’ll see that we want all events initially posted in the main forum, then we move those other than Taipei events to their respective forums, leaving a shadow of it in the main forum.
That is because 80% or so events tend to be in Taipei, and previous feedback indicates that many posters prefer to look in one forum to see what’s going on everywhere.

HTH.

Then I’d suggest adding a Taipei City/County subforum, you know, for the sake of paralellism or something.

[quote=“R. Daneel Olivaw”]Then I’d suggest adding a Taipei City/County subforum, you know, for the sake of paralellism or something.[/quote]What would go into the Events forum if there was a Taipei sub-forum?

From the way Truant desribed it, all events go in the “Events” forum as it is right now, but then a “ghost” of the thread is left in the Events forum. The same would be true of ones in the Taipei subforum.

I understand the point that most events are happening in Taipei, but it just looks sort of uneven to not have a Taipei subforum.

Or maybe in the “Events” description you could note that Taipei City/County are discussed and events for other places are just listed there?