Ever heard of this school?

Has anyone ever worked for, or heard anything about ELCC(eternal life christ college) aka Yen Shou International aka Sheffield International aka Yong Shang?

From what I understand they’ve had quite a revolving door for foreign teachers over the last few years.

Just curious.

I’ve seen tons of thier advertisements for open positions which is never a good sign. I dont’ know anything personally about them, but a good rule of thumb to follow is if a school as so many names and they are constantly advertising, it is usually not a good thing. But hey, you can always go in and interview and put the administration through a spectacular grinder of well prepared questions.

do you remember where you saw their ads? have they posted things on the web or in the paper? i’ve only encountered a flier posted on the shida message board near the language office.

www.tealit.com I think. But it is hard to remember. I was checking all over the place when I was job searching back in March and April.

It’s a pseudo university located around the back of the train station.

I say pseudo bocause as a student you pay your money, go to class and get a degree which is useless for getting any official job. It’s not recognized by the government. It will however allow the student to study abroad for a MA / MSc at certain institutions.

I taught there for a couple of weeks several years ago. If you want to teach there, you’ll be left on your own to do what you want.

It’s cash in hand and don’t expect any high degree of professionalism. The office will up the grades if the students ask.

[quote=“wangdoodle”]It’s a pseudo university located around the back of the train station.

I say pseudo bocause as a student you pay your money, go to class and get a degree which is useless for getting any official job. It’s not recognized by the government. It will however allow the student to study abroad for a MA / MSc at certain institutions.

I taught there for a couple of weeks several years ago. If you want to teach there, you’ll be left on your own to do what you want.

It’s cash in hand and don’t expect any high degree of professionalism. The office will up the grades if the students ask.[/quote]

That sounds like ITI (International Trade Institute) in Xinzhu. Basically a degree factory. One day, near the end of term I was calculating grades when the head teacher came by and casually reminded me that no one was to get anything less than an ‘A’.
The sad thing is that as far as I know, ITI is respected somewhat, at least by unwitting Taiwanese students who can’t afford to go overseas to do a real MBA.

hey wangdoodle,

why did you only work there for a few weeks? did you have problems with the office?

I didn’t have any problems.

I worked there at the end of the term to cover a teacher who left early. I knew some of the students. They needed someone to do a couple of lessons and write their grade reports.
I had time and needed some extra cash.