Everything is back to square one for me because of legal requirements

Even teaching jobs are hard to get (and you need at least a Bachelor’s Degree to boot).

America is not completely free either.

[quote]
here laws are enacted to discriminate foreigners, [/quote]

Wrong. Laws are enacted to protect people and to prevent unscrupulous folks from gaming the system.

And you honestly think that the Hispanics who are loitering outside Home Depot are not aliens? :loco:

Same is true everywhere else. Welcome to reality.

I hope you don’t reproduce :pray:

[quote]
I will try whatever means to earn money, try whatever ways to survive, TIA (THIS IS TAIWAN) so long farewell my friends.[/quote]

Don’t let the door hit your a** on your way out.

[quote=“fuex”][quote=“jkipp”]
When my family migrated to Switzerland it was very tough for us.
We’ve been living there for 40 years and I still can not get the citizenship.[/quote]

Either you are a clueless troll (too many clichés fulfilled in your posts so far) , or you definitely did something wrong. If you grow up in Switzerland, you may get the citizenship after a few years. Otherwise, after 12 years given that you speak an official language and displayed the will to integrate yourself into society.

[wikipedia]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_nationality_law[/wikipedia]

[quote]
Citizenship in Switzerland may be obtained by a permanent resident who lived in Switzerland for at least 12 years (any years spent in Switzerland between the 10th and the 20th years of age count double) and lived in the country for 3 out of the last 5 years before applying for citizenship. One should be able to speak in at least one of German (preferably Swiss German), French, Italian or Romansch (depending on the community) and show the following:

• integration into the Swiss way of life;
  • familiarity with Swiss habits, customs and traditions;
  • compliance with the Swiss rule of law;
  • no danger to Switzerland’s internal or external security.
    [/quote][/quote]

Probably don’t want him because he was reporting all those illegal cheese makers.

When I came to Taiwan in 2000, I brought the following documents with me:

B.A. cert, certified by Taiwan rep office and Danish govt.
M.A. Cert, certified as above.
Childrens birth certs, certified as above.
Certificate of criminal record, certified as above.
Letters from previous employers all in English, showing that I had 2 years of work experience. (I had however only part time, as I recently finished my M.A.)
And a few other bits and bobs, basically all I could think of.

The only thing I did not bring was proof that my government recognized my marriage to a ROC citizen, I thought that it was enough that we were married in Taiwan. :doh:

That one I had to organize later.

Key is that you come prepared, as prepared as possible.

I don’t think you should use the word “even” in the example above. How is snail mail competing with email etc. these days?

It’s like someone in the 70s saying, “Even jobs as elevator operators are hard to get… so what can I do?” :cry:

There is not much FREE in America anymore my friend. NOt much at all.

[quote=“bigduke6”]

Probably don’t want him because he was reporting all those illegal cheese makers.[/quote]

Blessed are the cheese makers.

Perhaps he was lactose intolerant and therefore couldn’t adapt to Swiss culture?

for they will inherit the curds.

Basically, though, this thread title should not have been “everything is back to square one for me because of legal requirements” – it should have been “everything is back to square one for me because I didn’t bother to inform myself and expected everything to be Made Easy for me as a foreigner”. “Back to square one because of legal requirements” is for someone who has prepared 13 documents, notarized and in triplicate, translated by a certified translator, and is then informed that the 12th one won’t be accepted because it must be photocopied onto light-blue paper.

Except he did inform himself. About a year ago he asked the same question on forumosa and was told in no uncertain terms what was required to get a legal job here. I’m not quite sure why he chose to ignore that advice.

I actually agree with him in principle. It should be up to the employer to decide who is the best employee without any government influence. However, in no country that I know of is this the case when it comes to foreigners.