Everything you wanted to know about the YouBike

I did receive such SMS. Did the text message go to all users, or just the ones whose personal data has been leaked?

I guess all I would have to worry about it name and phone number and yoyo card number.

Nothing else like credit cards are connected.

That’s a lot of personal information you have to provide to apply for compensation…

This is only needed if scammers using stolen information were able to deceive and steal money from you. YouBike will then reimburse some of the stolen money.

In the app one can also pay by QR code which bill your credit card. That information is saved in your account.

I just find it funny that victims of a data leak have to provide a guilty party with even more sensitive data.

1 Like

That’s jumping through a lot of hoops to get a lousy 500 NT voucher.

No there are two compensation plans:

1. All data loss victims automatically get 500 NTD credited to their account

2. If you lost money to scammers, apply for reimbursement

2 Likes

I guess your out of luck if you get scammed using the data they leaked after the announcement.

iBike (YouBike 1.0) service was discontinued in Taichung last week, June 28. Now the city will only have YouBike 2.0 service.

7 Likes

Youbike no have.

Really got to get their s*** together or change the name to youbikenohave.

It’s not rocket science and even the algorithms tell them what to do and where to place the bikes when there are no bikes gosh what

1 Like

Did you require more than two bikes?

Maybe two was the exact number of bikes the algorithm told them to keep there.

2 Likes

They bikes are out of service, signaled by having the seats turned around backwards.

5 Likes

The thing can’t tell if it’s out of service, it doesn’t know which way the seat is facing. Maybe you could call 1999 and put in a suggestion?

All it knows is it has bikes attached to it.

The seat facing thing is mainly to tell the servicing guy that the bike needs servicing.

1 Like

I sometimes feel like my wrists are going to snap when I’m riding along leaning on the handlebars and I hit an unexpected curb.

Bone jarring.

Wish the handlebars were higher or could be adjusted up and down.

1 Like

I’ve never had a real issue with that on the youbikes… I’ve gone over some huge bumps at considerable speed (going down 藍色公道 here in TC) and that was totally fine for me. Just a heavy fucking bike to get up the shit-arse route I chose to take up 大肚山😅

1 Like

lol

1 Like

aged like wine with a screw cap

1 Like

There seems to be some serious bullsh%t going down in Chiayi, as cops have systematically been accosting students who ride youbikes and requiring them to hand over their IDs. Why? They were apparently not wearing helmets. But helmets are neither provided by nor required for youbike riders. The crime it seems is riding a youbike.

I wonder if some vested interests (cough Taiwan’s dirty motorcycle industry cough) is behind this ridiculous intimidation campaign. If true, wtf!

Guy

3 Likes

Kids on bikes are easier to catch than vehicles. It gives the appearance they’re doing something since they certainly aren’t doing anything about traffic safety.

2 Likes