Evoloution

[quote=“914”]In 100 years I believe everyone on earth will have brown hair and brown eyes due to mixed marriages.

Maybe this belongs in the “What I believe is true but can’t prove” thread.[/quote]

You have the theory of evolution by sexual selection backwards. It is excessive inbreeding within the same race that leads to everybody looking alike. Take places like Sweden or Japan, for example. Mixing leads to greater variety, not less. Take dogs, for example - a few thousand years ago, all dogs more or less looked alike. Through selective breeding of dogs of different “races” (breeds), there is now an infinite variety of dog types. There are dog breeds that could not exist ‘naturally’; man’s tampering is what made such ludicrous creatures as the bulldog (some of whose babies’ heads are now so big that natural birth is impossible; bulldog mothers now have to have caesarians) and the schnauzer.

So I predict that in the year 2525 we’ll be seeing people with naturally purple eyes and blue hair and skin like carrots.

You have the theory of evolution by sexual selection backwards. It is excessive inbreeding within the same race that leads to everybody looking alike. Take places like Sweden or Japan, for example. Mixing leads to greater variety, not less.[/quote]

An interesting thing to think about. I’m with 914. Whatt mod lang says is correct but only within a race (subgroup): excessive inbreeding within a subgroup leads to people looking more similar within a subgroup but leads to more physical diversity between the subgroups (or to put it another way ‘within the entire human race’)…which is why Japanese look so different than Swedes. The more subgroups there are, the more diverstity within the human race.

If all subgroups blended together they would cease to exist and all people would look more similar (all least on a quantitative level)

Thesis + Antithesis = Synthesis

Something new is created whenever two forms collide. This is basic physics, basic evolution. Saying that everyone is going to blend into one bland neapolitan ice cream batch is like saying - it’s like saying that if all the monkeys bred together, all the different monkey species that exist now would become extinct because their children would all now be part of some supermonkey species. No, that’s not going to happen. The opposite happens - every time two different monkeys make a new monkey baby, their DNA has recombined to create a new individual that has characteristics of both its mother and father, but many new elements in its makeup as well. This is genetic variation and it leads to the process of evolution. It may sound counterintuitive to what you perceive as ‘common sense’, but many facts in science are.

I knew a Swedish girl, whose rear was reaaaaaaaaaly big.

The Abba girls do not have that.

Where is my mistake?

Oh … you are talking about faces …

ups