Eww! Cockroaches!

That’s how my cat got worms last year! I couldn’t figure it out for the life of me. Now he no longer eats them. He just plays with them until they die. Can’t tell you how disgusting it was to see him walking around with one in his mouth.

Yet another argument for why cats should be treated better.

Hi, is there such as thing as a cockroach trap? Like a mouse trap but for cockroaches? There’s a big one in my house, but I can never catch it. It always manages to quickly run under the closet or couch and disappears. Is there a way to catch these elusive things other than with your own hands?

Help me catch that elusive cockroach!!! Thanks!!

There are sticky cockroach houses. They should be somewhere near the pesticide section in the supermarket. You peel off the paper in the middle so the sticky part is revealed, then put some bait in the middle and put the house back together.

Or you could buy one of those just-add-water fumigation cans.

You have just one in your house? Probably you have a whole family, and you see a different one each night…

And why catch it? Hungry, or just prefer your pets in a jar? I’d vote for the size 12 solution. Splat!

Want my cat?

I have a great method. In fact, a buddy of mine uses it as some form of metaphor for socio-political discussions in his biz classes (or so he sez).

I take an empty tin can (washed) and trap him in it. Then just leave him there. My bet is that he screams bloody murder (in cockroachian) and all his mates figure my place is just too damn dangerous to roach about in. One guy lasted almost 3 weeks in my mini Gitmo.

Alternatively, just buy him a beer at HH. He’ll be yours forever.

[quote]Hi, is there such as thing as a cockroach trap? Like a mouse trap but for cockroaches? There’s a big one in my house, but I can never catch it. It always manages to quickly run under the closet or couch and disappears. Is there a way to catch these elusive things other than with your own hands?

Help me catch that elusive cockroach!!! Thanks!![/quote]
WHy do you want to catch it?

It is it SO damn big, that an enormous sum could be had?
Or do you mean to capture one of the brutes, to enhance an already prodigious breeding programme?
If not then exterminate ze fillzey roachuhz…
Or at least drive them back to from whence they came… :grandpa:

[color=green]I think the last time I had a cockroach was right after the 921 earthquake. I think that was only once and he didn’t last very long thanks to my little roachhunters. I suggest you get some of these amazing little magic roach repellers. They are also good for things such as love, attention, and making your house feel like a home. For information about these miracle machines, please see our website www.animalstaiwan.org. This magic pest control system is easily maintained and not really expensive. [/color]

Getting a dog or a cat just to chase away a cockroach might not be the best idea. It’s important to remember that you should adopt an animal because you are ready to care for it and understand the commitment involved.

If you’re ready to adopt a pet and you have a cockroach you don’t know how to catch, then I’d agree, getting a pet from the above organization would be a great way to kill two birds with one stone.

Maybe he wants to make the cockroach into a pet? After all, he didn’t ask how to get rid of it or kill it.

Do cockroached make good pets? They probably don’t need a lot of care compared to a dog, for instance. When was the last time someone left the pub early saying “my poor little cocky will be getting lonely and hasn’t been fed yet” or declined a dirty weekend in Kending because of pet-sitting issues?

The question is really “how can I get a collar and lead onto my cockroach, and are they easy to train?”

You can decorate their backs with correction fluid.

[quote=“aceman”]Hi, is there such as thing as a cockroach trap? Like a mouse trap but for cockroaches? There’s a big one in my house, but I can never catch it. It always manages to quickly run under the closet or couch and disappears. Is there a way to catch these elusive things other than with your own hands?

Help me catch that elusive cockroach!!! Thanks!![/quote]

Baaa… can’t be more than, say, 4" tall if it can do that. I thought you said it was BIG!

Maybe the OP wants to get into the high end jewlery biz???

Thanks guys for the suggestions, the replies are quite interesting to say the least. I think I will try the box houses/stickies and see how those work.

Do you try the wine bottle?
It is said you can catch a lot overnight.

There’s already a whole bunch of cockroach threads. Here’s one from just a few days ago: forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.php?t=61328

I put out four of those sticky traps and caught 26 roaches in one night!
Should have done it a long time ago.
They work.
They really, really work.

Throw an apple at him.

I’ve never had a roach problem here but occasionally the odd out-of-towner wanders in. For these chappies just keep a bottle of cheap shampoo on standby - don’t ask me why but one squirt of the stuff immobilises and kills them in seconds. Plus it leaves your cockroaches smelling pine fresh - mmmm!

Meow.

MEOW.

MEOW!!!

Don’t you get it by now? Sheesh. Are you feline-phobic? Have you become overly Taiwanized and are afraid of cats or something? The solution is very, very, VERY simple.

The only problem you have deal with now, with no cockroaches, is the shedding…I gotta admit, that’s some pretty nasty stuff to deal with. Cats…aaargh!