Eww... incest

[quote=“BBC”]They share a small flat in an east German tower block on the outskirts of the city. It looks like an ordinary family scene, but Patrick is Susan’s brother and they are lovers.

“Many people see it as a crime, but we’ve done nothing wrong,” said Patrick, an unemployed locksmith.

“We are like normal lovers. We want to have a family. Our whole family broke apart when we were younger, and after that happened, Susan and I were brought closer together,” he said.

Patrick, who is 30 years old, was adopted and, as a child, he lived in Potsdam.

He did not meet his mother and biological family until he was 23. He travelled to Leipzig with a friend in 2000, determined to make contact with his other relatives.

He met his sister Susan for the first time, and according to the couple, after their mother died, they fell in love. [/quote]
Oh yeah, they have FOUR kids.

Ew.
I’ve been told this isn’t so unusual among siblings separated when very young. Is that true?
Ew.

I guess I can understand a little bit better since he never met her until he was 23. Sure, it still sounds really creepy but it’s not like they grew up together as brother and sister.

and two out of their four children are disabled, as I recall.

pretty eww but at least DONT HAVE ANY children with each other. Because inbreeding. well we all know bout that dont we?

Apparently women have pretty strong psychological barriers (probably with a chemical basis) against sexual activity with anyone they have observed their mother behave motherly towards. The system works pretty well at discouraging sibling incest, and has the side-effects of preventing unrelated children who are raised together from falling in love. But it doesn’t work if you were raised separately.

I saw an even creepier story a few months ago (from rotten.com, I think) about this rich American who tracked down a daughter he didn’t know he had, who was now an adult. Well guess what, they “hit it off,” if you know what I mean (and I think you do). After that the rich guy’s friends started comparing notes, and found that she had been introduced to some of them as his daughter, but to others as his wife. I think he actually tried to make it legal at one point.

Cousin marriage is not so bad, genetically speaking, as long as not too many people do it. Not the sort of subject I’d bring up with my cousins, though…

pretty eww but at least DONT HAVE ANY children with each other. Because inbreeding. well we all know bout that dont we?[/quote]

No, they do. They had four children together and the woman’s fifth was from when she fucked a neighbour while he was in prison serving two years for incest. She’s apparently a bit slow, and two of her children have severe developmental problems.

Surely its illegal?

Well, then surely she qualifies as a prime candidate for incest, no? :noway:

Well, then surely she qualifies as a prime candidate for incest, no? :noway:[/quote]

I was thinking the same: what wasn’t she in jail too?

[quote=“Screaming Jesus”]Apparently women have pretty strong psychological barriers (probably with a chemical basis) against sexual activity with anyone they have observed their mother behave motherly towards. The system works pretty well at discouraging sibling incest, and has the side-effects of preventing unrelated children who are raised together from falling in love. But it doesn’t work if you were raised separately.

I saw an even creepier story a few months ago (from rotten.com, I think) about this rich American who tracked down a daughter he didn’t know he had, who was now an adult. Well guess what, they “hit it off,” if you know what I mean (and I think you do). After that the rich guy’s friends started comparing notes, and found that she had been introduced to some of them as his daughter, but to others as his wife. I think he actually tried to make it legal at one point.
[/quote]

This is one of the problems people point out with artificial insemination. I never heard of what Mr. Jesus mentions in his first paragraph above (makes sense to me, though).

However, I heard that people are attracted to people who tend to look like them, on some unconscious level. So if you leave a deposit or two at the sperm bank, there’s a good chance that eventually, somewhere, two of your kids would meet up and hit it off. They’d be half-brothers/sisters, but still… :frowning:

Are most of the people in Iceland related to each other in some way? It’s like incestual island.

Hey what about the British royal family?

England is one of the few European countries where it is legal to marry your first cousin.

Guess Hans is picking the wrong lock.

and now, a really bad saying from louisiana:

incest is best
the closer kin, the deeper in.

What do Vermonters do on Halloween?
They pump kin.

Seeing as how we’ve gone from serious to ridiculous:

If you can’t keep it in your pants, keep it in the family.

Did annyone read about that place in sweeden where all the vilage was related?

There was a large number off people there that was imune too pain witch is a impotent defence mecanism.