Excellent small shops in Taipei (or elsewhere) we love to support now

Allow me to begin with one small business, in Gongguan, that has prepared an excellent small lunch for me today: Bretagne de France (法國布列塔尼甜點).

It’s a tiny place, in the same lane as Miss Energy’s Gongguan outpost, between Roosevelt Road and Tingzhou Road. Address: No 2, Lane 52, Roosevelt Road Section 4, Taipei City; 台北市羅斯福路四段52巷2號

For less than NT$100, I am enjoying a finely prepared salmon quiche. It hits the spot for me: light and bright with vegetables yet also packed with nutrition and protein. It’s seasoned perfectly to my taste.

Also available are a range of tarts and other sweets. I was pleased to see a seasonal mango tart for sale. It’s now chilling in my fridge—a nice afternoon snack.

The man from France running this shop (it’s a tiny spot, and a one-man show) is friendly and sincere and good at his craft. He told me that with the pandemic ongoing he is now at this small takeout spot every day of the week.

This place is worth supporting at any time. It’s especially worth supporting now, particularly if you are working or living near the university district.

Guy

14 Likes