Here’s the name/address/telephone (not yet posted) for this shop:

樂盒子餐廳 La Caja de Musica
臺北市長安西路138巷3弄18號
No. 18, Alley 3, Lane 138, Chang’an West Road, Datong District, Taipei City
tel: 0920 885 996

Guy

2 Likes

3 Likes

Ah how could I have forgotten to mention them! Paisei!!!

Definitely recommended. They have a very convenient location for pick up. Healthy tasty food.

1 Like

I recommend Marco’s Cubans

Bo’ai Street in Danshui.

3 Likes

Any relation? :rofl:

Guy

No. lmao.

1 Like

I love Cubanos.

I would almost risk taking the MRT all the way to Danshui to eat a Cubano.

Damn I might just do it.

Guy

1 Like

Eh … not to rain on @Marco’s praise, but I don’t think they’re worth an MRT ride. Great option for a light meal if you’re walking around the area, or coming back from a bike ride, but traveling across town for? Nah.

Thanks @Marco - I didn’t realize they were still around. This is at least their third location I’ve been aware of; I thought they’d closed rather than moved yet again.

2 Likes

most small places deserve to be saved traveled to by MRT/scooter/ubered, and you can tell the laobans really value their customers at this time.

some just make low effort s*&t posts?

I did notice in Ireland and also in Taiwan some restaurants closing due to COVID but now inflation is a problem with rents. Back in Dublin for a short holiday, I would ask COVID closed that shop (shut down)I used visit , the answer was I guess high rent did them in. Sad to see some places I liked gone, things change fast now.

2 Likes

Bumping because I finally got to this place yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed what I think is called a yin-yang chocolate tart, NTD$80. Very nice selection of baked goods, sweet tarts, quiches, etc.

Facebook link: 布列塔尼甜點 Bretagne Bakery | Taipei

Google Maps:

4 Likes

I tried them yesterday and had a bacon quiche. Really delicious and Ill be back to try other things there. Too bad there isn’t a spot to sit there and order a coffee.

2 Likes