Excellent small shops in Taipei (or elsewhere) we love to support now

Note to self: do not visit Xindian any time soon!

Guy

Some of them won’t be there.

3 Likes

For sure, especially if people abandon them.

Things are getting bad.
I just learned that one of my favorite restaurants in Sanxia, named Tecksa, is closing is doors. Tomorrow is their last day. :cry:

Some of us are lucky enough to be able to work at home, but many aren’t, especially in service sector.

So yeah, please support small shops, especially during these times.

5 Likes

Got some teppanyaki today at a small neighborhood place. The owners said business is only 30% of what is was. I’m not completely surprised since the experience is a good part of a teppanyaki meal. Sad to hear, though, that they are struggling so much. The owners are really hoping the vaccines get here soon. I’m guessing many in Taiwan share this sentiment.

2 Likes

@Marco is this place authentic?

For @marco to travel from Danshui to Xindian for pizza, it had better be good!

Guy

2 Likes

Well the oven is real wood one, and it is not Pizza Hut.

1 Like

Sounds promising.

Support the good guys!

Guy

1 Like

New rule passed by Ke P this day at 00:00. Grammar nazis have been asked to also socially distance online. :crazy_face:

Yes a few that were already having weak business. It also depends how long this goes on. Besides foodie places I hope other small retail can get by as people need to eat but some retail have just lost business.

1 Like

Yeah most retail will be bad.

Guys Luca is in his Xindian store, he can get you some great tacos.
The King Taco
0989 865 531

Eddie in Tianmu is doing deliveries by himself.

There are Venezuelan arepas and combos in Shida. @Sabor Venezolano en Taiwán. FB

And over by Shilin you have Peruvian food at Fiesta
Adobo , estofado, seco, lomo saltado. Fiesta 士林 Fiesta Music Bar Fiesta Tw 0953649434 te lo llevamos a casa en todo taipei !

11 Likes

Great photos

2 Likes

The Taco place is so good (and can adapt their dishes for vegetarians and allergies). The owner is super funny and friendly.

1 Like

No hay por donde. :grin:

1 Like

Those are all places with nice food. I’ve been going to Eddy’s for many years but it is just too far from me to go more frequent. Is he delivering to the East area?

The King Taco is a tiny humble place but his tacos are out of this world!!!

5 Likes

I agree. On our random pilgrimages up north, pre ccp virus panic, we would eat at all those places. And all were really fantastic food! All are local people doing their thing, not big chain stores. Love them all to bits.

5 Likes

Hard times for small business and restaurants. Still some are trying to stay open through the pandemic, but not likely to happen if people keep eating noodles or ordering Uber miniaturized, overpriced “meals”. Try these guys instead:

Name / address of the shop?

Guy

4 Likes