Exclusive Mandarin Courses offer in TPE starting from Dec. 2011- New Concept Mandarin (NCM)

[color=#0040BF]New Concept Mandarin[/color] specializes in teaching Mandarin Chinese (Putonghua) as a second language. Our students come from around the world - business executives and individuals that have the passion to learn from people who have the passion to teach. Our approach is based on over 20-year experience in applied linguistic research and teaching in Australia, North America, Hong Kong and China. We are popular and respected because we make the learning experience personal, practical, flexible and fun.

For more information, please contact us as below:
[color=#0000FF]New Concept Mandarin
Taipei Center
Tel: +886-973-031-885
Email: Sonia.Liu@newconceptmandarin.com
newconceptmandarin.com[/color]

Can you outline your methodology here? I’m interested to hear what this “new concept” is.

fees would be interesting as well, I can’t seem to find them on your website

What were some of the findings from your twenty years of linguistics research?

Why should I pay you versus a tutor who will do as I ask and give me the absolute individual attention or a government-accredited Mandarin Training Center where I know there is at least a modicum of professional instruction and loads of international recognition?

Yeah!

And whattayamean by “exclusive?” :liar: :no-no: :hand: :doh: :loco: :noway: :bluemad: :fume: :aiyo: :unamused: :cactus: :thumbsdown: :ohreally: :astonished: :raspberry:

Hi everyone,

This is Sonia, the program manager in Taipei center.
Thank you for all of your questions. Regarding your doubts and questions, you can visit our website at newconceptmandarin.com for an overview. You’ll find free on-line lessons and videos which you can learn the basic knowledge of Mandarin from before you enroll the courses and you can also take a look at the learning materials we provide, so that you’ll know what does “exclusive” stand for and how much we invest in Mandarin education field.
You’re very welcome to contact me either via email or phone for more details.

Again, thank you for your threads, and we’re looking forward to hearing from you! :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Sonia Liu

It would make a much stronger case for your school if you can just answer the question here. Surely if your approach is so extraordinary, you know how to explain why it is? Please feel free to explain in Chinese if it is difficult to do so in English for any reason.

EDIT: Ah, having stopped on the homepage, now I understand. You’re a franchisee. You probably have nothing at all to do with the methodology used at the school, or don’t understand what it is anyway. This is a big chain operation with branches in different countries. I would be very surprised if there is anything different about the methods used compared to any other chain school (because in Chinese circles, usually new businesses duplicate the models used by existing successful businesses – successful in the business sense), but I’m waiting for your reply to prove me wrong.

To ironlady,
Our Taipei center is a new branch of New Concept Mandarin, and I’m not a franchisee.
It’s easier for people who are interested in our programs and our company to get more detailed information of what we offer and what they can learn from us by visiting our website. If you visit our website carefully, you’ll know what I’m talking about.
I don’t have to waste my time to prove you’re wrong, because the truth is the truth and it’s not really necessary to explain anything or comment on a business attack.

To Taffy, ehophi, Lili, zender,
If you go through our website in detail, I believe you’ll get the answers of your questions.

To milkalex,
Since our programs are customized, it’s very difficult to give our clients the prices/tuition and fees on the website.

[quote=“SoniaLiu”]To ironlady,
Our Taipei center is a new branch of New Concept Mandarin, and I’m not a franchisee.
It’s easier for people who are interested in our programs and our company to get more detailed information of what we offer and what they can learn from us by visiting our website. If you visit our website carefully, you’ll know what I’m talking about.
I don’t have to waste my time to prove you’re wrong, because the truth is the truth and it’s not really necessary to explain anything or comment on a business attack.

To Taffy, ehophi, Lili, zender,
If you go through our website in detail, I believe you’ll get the answers of your questions.[/quote]

Since you ARE advertising on this forum, it would be nice to answer people’s questions. Makes good business sense, since you have a ton of possible customers.

[quote=“SoniaLiu”]
To milkalex,
Since our programs are customized, it’s very difficult to give our clients the prices/tuition and fees on the website.[/quote]

This sounds a bit scary :ohreally:

[quote=“SoniaLiu”]To ironlady,
I don’t have to waste my time to prove you’re wrong, because the truth is the truth and it’s not really necessary to explain anything or comment on a business attack.[/quote]

It’s not a business attack. You posted on a discussion group. Not surprisingly, you got…discussion. You need to participate in discussion for anyone to take you seriously. Sorry, but that’s the way it works.

So you’re not a franchise, you’re a branch. I’m sure we would still like to understand the methodology underlying your program, how it is totally different from the other schools already in Taiwan, and how we would benefit from studying there. If you’re claiming a “new concept” you can’t blame people for asking you to state what it is.

[quote=“SoniaLiu”]To Taffy, ehophi, Lili, zender,
If you go through our website in detail, I believe you’ll get the answers of your questions.[/quote]

Well, thanks for making us do your job of informing us about your business for you.

Here’s what I found in regards to my question:

[quote=“http://www.newconceptmandarin.com/immersion-program/immersion-program-introduction.aspx”]Mandarin Immersion Program Approach
Our immersion experience is based on action learning and experiential learning concepts. It will get you think and speak Mandarin from day one of the program. You learn to communicate in Mandarin by immersing yourself in an authentic Mandarin speaking environment, using Mandarin in real life interactions to complement and reinforce teaching activities.
Teaching in this just-in-time fashion can involve various methods of instruction including classroom learning, practice sessions, seminars, workshops, presentations, as well as guided tours.
In the classroom, we will focus on the meaning and contents of Mandarin rather than drills on pronunciation and grammar. You pick up the native like accent and correct sentence structures by using Mandarin in a Mandarin context. From day one you will begin working on improving your conversational skills.
With our Mandarin Immersion Program, learning does not stop when you leave the classroom. Since you are learning and living in China where Mandarin is the first language, you will have to utilize what you learned in class, out on the streets. Just going to the store to buy a Coke means that you will have to use Mandarin. Though challenging at the beginning, in no time you will quickly acquire the Mandarin skills needed to deal with this, and far more difficult situations in China.
Remember, the only way to really learn a language is to practice it. In our Mandarin Immersion Program, you are going to use Mandarin all day, every day! When you participate in our Mandarin Immersion Program you will have plenty of time, and countless opportunities to practice your Mandarin communication skills. In a very short period of time you will find that you will be able to effectively communicate in Mandarin![/quote]

So, advertising jargon aside, you’re selling an immersion program.
[ol][li]Move your [strike]ass[/strike] self to a Chinese-speaking country and plop yourself among a bunch of people who speak your target language.[/li]
[li]Engage with them enough to survive.[/li]
[li]Buy lots of language learning schwag.[/li]
[li]Pay for and attend classes.[/li]
[li]Practice your [strike]ass[/strike] head off![/li]
[li]Become fluent in Chinese!!![/li][/ol]

Problems? A few…
First, anyone can get the kind of practice that you offer anywhere for free (or rather, in exchange for his help, too).
Second, I’m already living, working, engaging, etc. in Taiwan, and you’re advertising that a main benefit of your school is all of the time I spend not in your school!
Third, there was no summary anywhere of any real linguistics anywhere. Simply using the buzzwords does not constitute a summary of twenty years of rigorous linguistics research.

If I stopped by your branch office, would you let me look through these textbooks? They honestly sound as ridiculous as those “Integrated Chinese” and “Mastering Chinese” series.

Then there’s this:

Ah! Everything is clear now! You are INTEGRATORS! You do things like…integrate stuff with other stuff…with your super-duper-science. It also makes uses of “sense perceptions,” for without them, teaching, learning, and feeding oneself would be quite difficult. And we get to experience the language…via some busywork projects.

From what I can tell from your web site, your company has found out [strike]dick[/strike] little to nothing about Mandarin L2 acquisition from L1 English.

Yes you do, if you expect anyone here to take you seriously. Ironlady is an expert on adult language acquisition and Mandarin instruction.

I would say that this thread has lost your business more potential customers than it has gained. It’s dismally unimpressive marketing for a service enterprise.

You foreigners just don’t understand Chinese culture.