Excuse after excuse

The essential fact here is that you can’t be an advocate of realpolitik and pose as a man of principle at the same time. They’re fundamentally incompatible.

I am advocating a balance that leads to maximizing principles. Realpolitik is not incompatible with that goal. My key problem is with hypercritical posters with their endless, but the US did this, but the US did that, but the US didn’t do this or didn’t do that. Yawn.

I am advocating a balance that leads to maximizing principles. Realpolitik is not incompatible with that goal. My key problem is with hypercritical posters with their endless, but the US did this, but the US did that, but the US didn’t do this or didn’t do that. Yawn.[/quote]

That “balance” you seek is illusory. A mere excuse to salve the conscience.

It is true that criticizing the realpolitik strain in American politics can turn into an end in itself which is unhealthy and self-defeating.

I am advocating a balance that leads to maximizing principles. Realpolitik is not incompatible with that goal. My key problem is with hypercritical posters with their endless, but the US did this, but the US did that, but the US didn’t do this or didn’t do that. Yawn.[/quote]

That “balance” you seek is illusory. A mere excuse to salve the conscience.

It is true that criticizing the realpolitik strain in American politics can turn into an end in itself which is unhealthy and self-defeating.[/quote]

It is not an excuse for me and I do not think that my conscience needs any salving. Other parts of me perhaps but not my conscience. I may have German ancestry but I am American :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Your last comment is highly appreciated. It gives me hope that there is hope for your after all. (deliberate)