Execution-style shooting in Taichung

Crime rolls on in Taichung.

Those tea-houses will get you…

If I were a Taiwanese gangster I’d just give up tea completely.

4 Likes

My, seeing lots related to gun violence on the forum lately.

Actually, one firearm was an Uzi. The gunmen were in and out in 30 seconds. Both are known to police. One is only 16 years old, and neither have been caught.

Compared to shooting in broad daylight in Taipei City Saturday. Three shots fired. One man shot in the arm. Perp arrested 8 hours later. Modified pistol. Revenge for stabbing at KTV last month.

So unprofessional.

1 Like

Rented car…Idiots.

1 Like

The cops can catch a foreigner that stole money from the First Bank ATM within a day but cant catch two wackos with high powered weapons. On a frickin island. Where is all this so called street video technology being used here? Let me guess, the ‘cameras were all down’

4 Likes

Well they know who they in this case . I’m guessing it’s the usual Taiwan style, try and negotiate their surrender first with the mafia dons before sending in the boys…Thats if these two haven’t gone solo which is also possible.

1 Like

I thought this had been discussed in another topic, or like 2 other topics, already.

That’d explain things. I thought Taiwan was just having a week-long special on Teahouse executions.

This kind of thing happens here time to time. It is just gangsters vs gangsters / mafia vs mafia. Random shootings and mass shootings don’t happen here. Just be aware of your surroundings and don’t get mixed up with the wrong people. And don’t piss off black Mercedes and BMWs.

3 Likes

Violent killings are quite common in Taiwan, they rarely make the English news.

You can search and find my thread about it. Many murder suicides and killings go unreported in English media and sometimes nothing on TV about it.

I only realised this when I lived in Taichung and read the local news in Chinese newspapers. Mostly murder suicides , partners/family killing family.
Shootings are fairly rare though.

Is Taichung like the New Jersey of Taiwan in terms of mafia/mob activity?

It’s exaggerated but to a certain extent, yes.

1 Like

Jeez, I could have told you…

3 Likes

Yes it is

1 Like

Criminal gangs in Taiwan often have cadets who are under 18 do the shooting knowing that they will get a light sentence

This has been widely known for years

That’s the reason they give the kids. The real reason is they’re easily manipulated and desperate to please their bosses and/or prove their worth.

2 Likes

If they were commonplace, how would we know?

A lot more missing posters on milk cartons?

This guy really hated his family and judges, it seems he enjoyed speaking the odd word of English though. There must be more about this than we know , he really despised them.