Exercise me

I live just a gobstopper’s throw from Linguang MRT (just re-read willy wonka in anticipation…). My body currently resides on planet pudgy. I’m finding the need to get my body off that planet.

So I’m looking for two kinds of info:

Any ideas on a gym nearby? Preferably decently priced (as in not California or Golds gym style open up your vein once a month into their wallets).

Also - where can I run nearby? I’m used to running in parks - on trails… and of course that’s kinda difficult round here unless you want to run on pavement or spend all your time going up and down steep hillsides.

Thanks!

With a name like VIM you could just scrub Taiwan clean… you could get plenty of excersize using your vim on a giant clean up project.

Vim (cleaning product)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Vim is the name of a range of household cleaning products produced by Lever Brothers. Vim scouring powder was one of the first products created by William Lever and produced at Port Sunlight near Liverpool. The name Vim remained solely associated with the scouring powder until 1993 when a range of associated products were released.

The name of the brand was probably chosen as a reference to the colloquial noun vim, meaning force, energy, vigor. The word has since passed into relative obscurity for most English speakers.

[quote=“vim”]I live just a gobstopper’s throw from Linguang MRT (just re-read willy wonka in anticipation…). My body currently resides on planet pudgy. I’m finding the need to get my body off that planet.

So I’m looking for two kinds of info:

Any ideas on a gym nearby? Preferably decently priced (as in not California or Golds gym style open up your vein once a month into their wallets).

Also - where can I run nearby? I’m used to running in parks - on trails… and of course that’s kinda difficult round here unless you want to run on pavement or spend all your time going up and down steep hillsides.

Thanks![/quote]

For running, head down the MRT line to the Mucha or Zoo station. You can jog for miles and miles on the dikes or head into Jenda University where you can jog around the track. I jog through the university grounds at night and it is quite pleasant. No traffic (except the occassional bus dropping off students) and fresh air as its up against the mountains.

It’s difficult to find trails that are flat for any length of time. I 'm still looking too. I know a couple good stretches in Mucha but they would take you a while to get to.

Why not get into hiking instead of jogging?

Nearby? Not sure. Trying to solve the same problem has led me to sidewalks under the MRT system and to bike/walking paths along many rivers in Taipei. There are miles and miles of those riverside paths, many of which have been built, refurbished, or extended recently. Surprisingly underutilized as well, considering the millions of people that live nearby.