Exercising after getting BNT vaccine

I have read that you should avoid exercise after BNT vaccination. The US and UK sites recommend 48 hours. However the Taiwan sites are saying 2 weeks. They seem to agree that it it only affects men under 40.
So my question is if I am over 40, should I still take a few days off? What is consider strenuous exercise? I’m assuming I can still do cardio, keeping my heart beat under 125bpm.

I didn’t get the BNT vaccine , however my experience with the AZ vaccine was that I felt tired , and a pain in my arm for a few days ,
I started exercising after a week

I went to the gym that evening. Not aware of any general don’t exercise for 2 days recommendations in the US.

2 Likes

Everybody is different. Just listen to your body.
I did my normal work out after the shots.

3 Likes

Yes, take at least a few days off.

It affects younger men more you say. Is that because those are the ones most likely to be exercising more after getting the shot?

Unless you are training for the olympics, a few days off won’t matter.

Aside from exercising, is it ok to slam a couple pints of beer right after (30min after) taking the BNT vaccine? Should be fine right?

1 Like

They say no evidence that alcohol impairs the Coronavirus vaccine or associated with negative health effects.

3 Likes

Well I read this topic only now, I had my first shot and exercised the next day. No issue (I am in my 30s). But the nurse hadn’t told me anything about not exercising anyway.

I always do the same work out at home so I count my reps, same number of reps, no difference in overall feeling.

(I regressed a bit at pushups but this was already before my vaccine shot).

110 pull ups in 29 minutes. Not a perfect form though.

@Andrew0409

I asked the clinic where I got my shot about exercise after the shot and they told me it was ok as long as it wasn’t strenious. even said running and biking would be ok, which was a little surprising.

1 Like