Exhausting All Options

Yeah I quit my place too, for many reasons, that was one of them.

Excellent

Nice, I cut mine off some time ago, I was fed up with the mechanic (and me) patching an ill-fitting mess so cutting it off entirely was the only way to force them to agree to replace the whole lot. “We can clean it up and rejoin, it’ll be no problem!” - didn’t last the 5 mile drive home…

Depending on the connector, if it’s one of the special loom type ones, the crimp tool and connector can be proprietary and a lot of money, hopefully not so in your case.

You are actually better off looking at Taobao if you dont mind the wait.

Because what I found is if I try to buy a tool at a store here, is they are often old packages (as in yellowed plastic and faded packaging) with Japanese written all over it, and they still charge a really high price for it. Like why the heck would I pay nearly 500 for a 6mm allen wrench with a handle?

Doesnt Taobao have Chinese written all over it?

Japanese might be worth a bit of a premium.

Sure… except these things are probably still Chinese made but they charge too much for what it is.

I got one of these Klein thingies in the UK, though its American

Simple, basic (non-ratcheting) and not cheap at 30 plus quid, but seems to work nicely, though I’ve only used it a couple of times.

Car is likely at the end of the line though so I may not get much more use out of it, unless I try and do a general wiring loom replacement, which I’m likely to chicken out of.