Exit Plan(s)

1 Like

PreCOVID, you could take a ferry to Xiamen from Kinmen. I’m pretty sure that turned into “sit on this boat as we drive around the water and you can wave at Xiamen before we turn around and go back to Kinmen” in 2020. But Taoyuan and Songshan both have flights to Xiamen right now that don’t appear to be getting cancelled, so it would be way faster to fly from the main island anyway.

1 Like

Probably stained with a lot of chowder.

(1318) Captain Highliner Soups 1983 - YouTube

“I wanted to do nothing more than just a solid black cover with a pink tail — and probably the back of Snagglepuss’ ankle,” he tells UCR. “A complete nod to Snagglepuss: I just wanted to keep it real pop-art — graphic and simple.”

But that dream died after the animation studio got involved.

1 Like

I prefer this one

The band made music for GTA 5

I wasn’t quite thinking of summary execution, more jobsworthian “you can’t do that there” stuff.

That’s an appalling story.

The embedded “nuclear test” stuff is a bit odd too. Doesn’t seem to fit.

3 Likes

This is absurd.

This is not an enemy you can face down by looking it in the eye and standing firm, and if such an enemy (let call it, say, the PLA) was a real and present danger, very few of the chickenshit-slinging school of thought would, by own admission, be forming a thin not-red-and-not-under-the-bed line against them.

The rats leaving the plague ship jive is jumbled by the fact that the plague is widely available anywhere you would be likely to leave to, in several varieties.

Life for me here has deteriorated quite a bit in the past 5 years, and so leaving or staying has become a quite finely balanced judgement, which an outbreak in Taiwan could reasonably tip.

If I had something to do back in Brexitistan I’d already be there, and this “cowardice in the face of the enemy” jive would bother me only by its stupidity.

Stow the chickenshit shit.

Its silly.

5 Likes

How so? Looks better in most ways to me.

Well, of course everything is relative. Taiwan’s economic performance has been shit compared to Singapore but it’s miles ahead of of UK so idk what you’re bitching about.

2 Likes

I’m not you

1 Like

Looks better in most ways to me too.

Well obviously duh. Otherwise you could see that it is objectively better now. 5 years ago was 2015, one of the worst years in Taiwan. The economy was shit and it looked like it was going to stay shit for the foreseeable future.

Not to mention the KMT nonsense that was happening back then.

If you said 20 years ago I might have agreed or at least understood you but 5 years ago was objectively worse.

Whaddya want, congratulations?

OK, CONGRATULATIONS

Thanks! Congratulations for you too mate.

1 Like

It ie very reasonable and logical that people who came to Taiwan to avoid covid want to leave here now.

1 Like

But it is also silly! And now they go on the Internet winning and spinning like little girls. The same door they get in, they can get out. Exit door is right there at Taoyuan airport.

OK, in the faint hope of terminating this macroeconomic tosh-tangent (like the GDP affects me in anything other than a negative way, or something?), I will edit my post. See above in a minute.

1 Like

Everybody figured out where the airport is.
The little girls just complain about the PRC test possibilities and pricing.

1 Like

One of the reasons I left last year was the possible scenario of having to take a test and it was positive and immediately marched to a facility. What the fuck would have happened to my pets?

2 Likes

It wasn’t really an excuse, but at least in those days they actually had a real threat to be afraid of.

So what did you do about the pets when you left last year?

2 Likes