Exit Plan(s)

In the UK (USA, etc. is on the same road) I don’t see many of the businesses that have closed reopening.
The goal with the ‘build back better’ WEF doctrine is that new businesses must adhere to strict ‘zero-carbon’ green madness goals or they won’t be allowed to open.
The banks will not be an option to those businesses that don’t meet the ‘standards’ as they will be following the new rules.
When I come across the links again showing this, I will post them.
It will be fine for the huge corporates though.
Will Taiwan eventually follow?

Ok, but let’s be honest: turnover in Taiwan is also intense. We see closures and openings in our area all the time, way before the plague. Having long lasting restaurants or businesses is actually rare due to rent constraints.

And fortunately if we get out of this fast enough, recovery can be also expedite because we have the resources. And have been through the grinder less time.

So far, the salary less vacation participants is still at a manageable number. If they can control the outbreaks among SEA laborers, then the machine can truck on.

Taiwan can’t leave the small enterprises behind and even if government is not as fast, remember in Taiwan the greatest source of capital is small investors, friends, family members. There is more and easier access to capital to rebuild. Anyways, local government loans are already available.

2 Likes

Yorkshire pudding cart?

What nonsense.

Your a genius getting that, I thought no one would know :joy:

2 Likes

Are you flying to London ?

Yes

Restaurants are open.
Beaches are open.
National Parks are open.
Vaccination is available.

4 Likes

For around 12month or more western countries had restaurants closed or with lots of restrictions, and here was all open
Beaches here it’s not a important thing
National parks can you no wait maybe 2 months
Vaccination will be soon available
When the rest of the world was closed for very long time here was all open, and now because maybe we have a problem 2 or 3 months it’s the end the world in Taiwan, lol

1 Like

bagdad-bob

2 Likes

You’re missing the point. Taiwan didn’t do anything in those 12 months to eventually prepare for an outbreak.

4 Likes

Do you need to go through the quarantine in the UK?
I am travelling to London at the beginning of July…

Exactly. The government here was too complacent and probably had some superiority complex, thinking Taiwan will never have an outbreak as long as everyone is wearing masks.

5 Likes

Uk unlike the states has quarantine… and you need to pay for tests to be freed!

Covid vaccines?

4 Likes

Vcard - Shopee for vaccines

With a nice double entendre that will go over the heads of most Taiwanese.

I agree with you. Beaches in Taiwan are really not important.

The point is that North America and Europe is getting back to normal when Taiwan is closing down.

That is the reason people leave now.

1 Like

Very smart move.

Don’t worry, I will bookmark this and when I come across the quotes from Mark Carney if I recall, I will post the ‘nonsense’ for you.