Expanding your social circle for the over 40s & Formosan lifers (the expat bubble).

The UK maybe?

A clear NO.
There’re no jobs for unskilled and non-professional people holding Taiwanese passports in the UK or any Western countries. Let alone people who only speak their mother tongue.

And why is my previous post being removed?
I think I know what the taboo is in this forum. You can never say anything negative about certain people from certain countries.

Did you call someone German? I got zotzed the other day for asking @IbisWtf if he/she was German. Apparently it’s regarded as a personal attack.
Which seems kind of prejudicial.

Now, “French”, OK, that I can see.

1 Like

Come on, you can’t go around calling people Germans or French. This is the foundation of the social contract in civilized countries.

I’m 52. I like the meetup groups for finding people with a common interest. My friends are both locals and foreign. My trouble is not having enough time to get involved in more things. This terrible 4 letter word called “WORK”.

1 Like

Punk.

2 Likes

Nobody on here has ever done anything to me bad enough to warrant me calling them the F word.

Or should I say le mot F.

Those baguette people, man…

But at least they can cook and make wine.

Not “BEER”? :smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

I’m a grandma - not really a young punk. :blush:

1 Like

I got socks older than you.

1 Like

I might have 5 year old socks. That reminds me that I need go home and through them out.

What if I feel my social circle is permanently closed when there’s still a long long way to hit my 40s?
Yeah, just like the prison mentality.

I have to say that my Taiwanese who are my close friends are not afraid to get to know a foreigner. I invite people to a gathering, and the people who are my friends will return the invitation. These kinds of friends are hard to come by and I don’t think this is unique to being in Taiwan.

Gotta be a friend to find a friend. Do something nice for someone else and expect nothing in return.

Winter, spring, summer, or fall all you have to do is call. (I was about 5 when this was still being played often on the radio. Still a punk compared to Rocket, though.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEkIou3WFnM

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Hotel chains

Thanks.