Expat from Slovakia looking for fellow Slovaks on the island

I was just wondering if there were any more of us Slovaks here on the island. There is a little community of us in Taichung, but we have absolutely no clue if there might possibly be any more. Let me know if you read this, or even if you know anyopne who comes from Slovakia drop me a line. Thanx!

I met two very young Slovaks on the way to Wulai on Saturday. Students at Chengda.

I assume you do not know how to get in touch with them, do you?

Not a clue.

I’m from England but I have a friend who’s from Hungary, which was part of the Austro Hungarian empire like Slovakia except that it was a much more senior part. But he lives in Stockholm.

If you want to find international students at Zheng-Da, the thing to do would probably be call Zheng-Da’s international office: 2938-7589.

You might also try the Slovak Economic and Cultural Office: 8780-3231.

Not a clue.

I’m from England but I have a friend who’s from Hungary, which was part of the Austro Hungarian empire like Slovakia except that it was a much more senior part. But he lives in Stockholm.[/quote]

Like knowing a Hungarian in Sweden helps me here!!! NOT!

Sorry, I just ran into them by chance. I don’t do business cards, so I forgot their names. But Chengda will probably be able to help you.

Is that like a religious conviction or something? Just curious.

Is that like a religious conviction or something? Just curious.[/quote]
Business cards are the work of the devil, didn’t you know that?

No, seriously, I gave up smoking weed a year or two back, so I no longer have any need for business cards.