Expat tattoos face with 臺灣 and independence flag

To the guy who tattooed ‘Taiwan’ on his forehead. How has life been so far? Are you a member here on Forumosa? Would love to hear how it’s all turned out

Well, this happened.

Holy shit. Hope we get the story behind this.

Story is in the post that the photo is from:

“While on vacation in Cambodia , a group of Chinese got enraged simply because my tattoo said Taiwan, and a large group of ten of them attacked me with metal poles and I’ve lost a tooth and two teeth drastically pushed forward, now cannot properly close my mouth.
All that sparked it was I took my cap off for a second and one in the group read my tattoo " Taiwan” and shouted “Taiwan zhong guo” I simply replied “Taiwan Taiwan” and they went insane grabed poles and started attacking me.
In future not going to take my hat off, getting tattoo removed btw,as was a stupid drunken mistake getting it tattooed on my face, any other part of my body would have been fine but not the face, had four laser removals already so flag on chin gone almost already still need a few more for forehead.
Taiwanese be careful abroad stay safe ! Actually I’ve met many really nice Chinese here in Cambodia but obviously only takes one group that are not so friendly and have trouble."

Maybe Taiwan’s media can make him a hero this week.

1 Like

Hold on here.
So what you’re saying is that being a stupid fuck has…consequences???

He simply replied “Taiwan Taiwan”.

Ah, I can spot his mistake. At least he’s finally getting the tattoo removed.

Yeah right. I somehow do not believe this is what happened. We’re talking about a guy who had a few run-ins with the law in Taiwan already. He doesn’t exactly come across as the peaceful conciliatory type of person.

My money is he saw a group of Chinese, took his cap off and then started shouting “Taiwan Taiwan”. He’s now surprised that behaving like a twat can get one twatted.

3 Likes

chinese people have an automatic involuntary reaction to say 'taiwan is part of china everytime they hear or see the words taiwan. i don’t find this hard to believe at all. taiwan is the current biggest target of the ccp, people are gonna be pissed with taiwan right now and happy to be given the opportunity to act like nationalistic psychopaths.

ofcourse the fact that he is a crazy drunk made it worse i’m sure but these guys would have been easily whipped into a nationalist rage no doubt about it.

2 Likes

Taiwanese Jesus. He got beat for our pride.

2 Likes

The guy lives in a drunken stupor. Probably brought it on himself.

1 Like

I would love it if we could not use FB links. Some of us don’t use Facebook.

The link took me directly to a page that demanded my log-on, and gave me three - count 'em 3 - popups demanding something I didn’t learn before I managed to kill the script. Ugh.

If you do use Facebook, you might give us a heads up that what you’ve posted is to FB so we can choose not to participate.

4 Likes

the tattoo removal seems to be going well at least.

His behaviour sounds like Antisocial Personality Disorder. Would also help explain the alcohol addiction. I wonder how many ASBOs he’d racked up before moving to Taiwan? We won’t be hearing the last about him.

1 Like

Oh, I hope not! :popcorn:

1 Like

Of course, I don’t believe he deserves to get beat up just for having the tattoo. However, based on his previous behavior (including fire bombing that Family Mart) I tend to agree with the Netizens’ assumption of the events that transpired in Cambodia.

Man, that guy just can’t get a break…well, at least not the good kind of break.

This sounds an awful lot like victim blaming. You apply the same logic to a girl wearing a short skirt getting raped?

1 Like

No, it’s very different. You’re being silly and I assume just trying to provoke a response. Which you’ve got.

1 Like

Now, I dont know what exactly happened in this specific case. But, I would not be surprised at all if things went down the way he described them. Chinese I noticed are a bit weird about some things, Taiwan being one of them. They seem to get really worked up about taiwan.

1 Like