Expect turbulence ahead

Yes, that’s right … but I’m a little sad to have been stripped of my hard-earned “warnings”.

I’m positive that it wouldn’t be much of an effort for you get them back :wink:

Do you want me to issue some???

:wink:

Iris

Thanks for catching the typo.

Sandman made a poll about the return of the bells and whistles (B&W) – please weigh in over here: segue.com.tw/3/viewtopic.php?t=7825

It would be nice to read people’s feelings about them.

Given the way people were shifting G$ left and right, plus talking about having to post more just to be able to spend more, the B&W certainly seemed to work :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW, I’ve managed to back up the database (over 190MB worth of stuff) – but now I’m wondering if this is too large for me to restore anyway!

… I know. I keep telling myself, “Man, you are really something else! Gifted, that’s what I am! Damn gifted!”

Life is hard, then you die.

Iris[/quote]

But they just wouldn’t be the same coming from you, Iris. Like war medals awarded for peacetime manoeuvres. Thanks for the thought anyway.

Iris[/quote]

Don’t be such a pushover–make him EARN those warnings. Much more fun that way. Never did figure out how he got them in the first place, though.

After I enter my message and click Submit, “Invalid_session” will show. When I check the thread, my post is not there. I got that for a few days when Segue forums came back online and it was frustrating because it was like speaking but no one could hear me. I don’t know why but it works fine starting 2/22/2003 evening.

I get that too.

I just noticed that you upgraded to 2.0.4 :smiley: , do you plan on staying in 2.0.4 or is this just temporary?

I get that at work but not at home.

phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=69493

…you could remove the piece of code (from all affected pages) that looks like or similar to this:

// session id check
if ($sid == ‘’ || $sid != $userdata[‘session_id’])
{
message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, ‘Invalid_session’);
}

Thank you, Ali.

You may have to remind me to give you G$ for your help and paience.

Mods will return slowly (over the next 2 weeks) and I’m also trying to ensure that the posts are preserved. Segue might be suspended for a few days as I try to deal with this.

When I get “Invalid_session” after clicking the Submit button,

1. I click “Back” and copy my message
  2. Close my browser and open a new browser
  3. Enter the forum and find the thread
  4. Click the reply button, paste my message, and click Submit.

Clicking Submit at this pace does not result in “Invalid_session” for me.

I stopped getting those “Invalid_session” things, but suddenly find it very hard to just stay on the site. If I leave one page up too long (e.g. when answering the phone or whatever), if I try to sign in, use the back button, post, I get the “this page cannot be displayed” thing.
I thought there might be something wrong with my computer or settings or something, but it only happens on the forumosa website.
I have to log on about 4 or 5 times every time I try to visit the site.
What could this mean?
Just part of all the changes that have been going on?

I get the connection to Forumosa problem also. But I always notice that Gus is online during those times. And I usually notice a change to the web site after I re-enter Forumosa, so I guess it has to do with Gus’ work on the web site.