Experiences in Chubei and Tainan?

I might be moving to either Chubei, Hsinchu County or eastern Tainan City soon, from northern Tainan County. Wondering what to expect in the way of rental costs (3 bedroom), other living costs, etc. Right now I’m paying $8500 for a 4 bed, 2 bath apartment on the 8th floor. We’d love to have regular 3-4 floor place so we have a place to park and don’t hear everything our upstairs neighbor drops on the floor or every time they flush the toilet.
Thanks.

Anyone out there ever lived/are living in Tainan City? How about Chubei in Hsinju County?
Silly question, I know.
Can you please share your experiences living there and the general cost of living? My current contract end the end of November, so I’ll have to be making a decision soon.

Sorry didn’t you know, southern Taiwan doesn’t exist on Forumosa… :slight_smile:

I should have remembered that. :ponder:
But what about Chubei (Jhubei, Zhubei, 竹北市)? That’s pretty much the northern end of the island.

To help you (as I live south of Hsinchu myself) I have visited Zhubei recently to look at renting places. You will never get what you are looking for in Zhubei, it is expensive in comparison to other areas as it has pavements, restaurants, HSR etc. It is cheaper to rent in Hsinchu city centre or suburbs of Hsinchu. A 2bd apt reg’r apt in Zhubei is going to cost 16k minimum (more remote) up to 25k for closer to restaurants. For a townhouse you will probably need to live out a bit or consider smaller towns, countryside areas. That said there ARE plenty of townhouses empty so you could go to Zhubei, go into the rental agencies and tell them you are willing to get in the more undeveloped/further away from centre area and make an offer…since they are empty some owners may be interested…but not cheaper than 20k/mth…

KJ -
I live in eastern Tainan city.
For the $$'s you mention you should be able to do quite well.
I live in teh NCKU area.
Very nice area.