Expired ARC before getting new job

Hello everyone,
I have followed this forum, but I just joined today since I am facing some problems that really need advice if anyone has experienced it before.
My ARC and Work Permit will be expired on 2019/03/14, but I also found new job and will start to work on 2019/03/20, so from 2019/03/15-2019/03/19, will I be considered as illegally staying in Taiwan?

I plan to apply for 6 month extension, but they need the resignation certificate to issue this kind of arc, but I could only have this document on the last working day. If I am going to re-apply ARC on 2019/3/15, it will be one day late :frowning:

If anyone has experienced this issue, please advise me how to solve the case. Much appreciated your sharing.

Just visit NIA before the expiration date of your current ARC and explain your situation. They will tell you why you should do. I think you can stay here legally.

Your company doesn’t have to wait until the last day to give you a document confirming you won’t work there anymore. As long as it states what your last working date there is, you can submit it before.

Official rule: You have 15 days to change the status of your ARC.
Your new company surely already apply for your new work permit.
Do your new ARC application in your first working day. It’ll be fine.
When in doubt call or visit your NIA office.