'Explosive Devices' sent to CNN NY office, Soros home, Obama, Clintons

I think that considering most right wingers’ position weapons, if these “bombs” were really made by some far righter, they would have worked.

Maybe there is a nutter out there. If so I hope they catch him/her quickly.

But the way the Democrats have been behaving, I wouldn’t put it past them. Do you still think it a conspiracy theory that Obama/Clinton/FBI/CIA/DOJ spied on the Trump campaign? Because that was kind of dirty too.

1 Like

1540433574332m

1540433747267m

1540433452922m

these made me lol

In before fake news: these are just being made by people to mock the big fake bomb scare of 2018.

Full album for the lolz:

http://imgur.com/a/ti865Ao

That makes no sense. Just because someone is a right-winger, doesn’t make them a master explosive expert. We’re not dealing with Hamas or the Unabomber. This dude is probably some angry neckbeard or incel loser who takes this shit too seriously and is trying to stir up shit and create some fear. He probably lacks the brain power to make the devices or he lacks the proper materials. The sheer amount of devices sent out means it’s probably some hoax devices, but this doesn’t mean “false flag.” There’s tons of fake bomb scares and empty death threats every day.

October in an election year has always been the time for dirty tricks (on both sides). To not consider the possibility that this is one of those tricks is the nuttier position.

3 Likes

Anything is possible. Perhaps its best to wait for the facts of the FBI investigation.

2 Likes

Do you know how easy a conspiracy of this magnitude could unravel? Do you really think the risk-reward is worth it?

Would you believe the same if Rush, Alex Jones and Sean Hannity were reporting suspicious devices?

1 Like

What blujasn said: anything is possible. But as soon as I saw what /r/the_donald was saying on this topic, I knew where the posts in this forum would go. I Am Jack’s Complete Lack of Surprise. For a bunch of self-proclaimed liberals, the far right rhetoric is pretty thick in here.

1 Like

A lot of the Donald supporters I know who now bash the Bush administration, were the biggest Iraq war cheerleaders in 2002 and 2003 and now pretend they never were. Total cognitive dissonance.

Doesn’t have to be successful, just has to muddy the waters and cause chaos, which theoretically works against the party in power.

What does this have to do with them?

Plus all of the recipients have been targets from Trump, this shifts the balance to them as victims. Any rhetoric towards these individuals it will be argued should be curtailed in light of a bomb threat.

The other side will argue, it was Trump’s rhetoric which inspired someone to carry out such an attack.

We obviously at this point dont know, either of the above seem likely.

@gaboman while everyone here seems open to possibilities, it seems only you are 100% sure of what happened, it wasn’t you who sent the bombs was it?

1 Like

I was against the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan right from the very start.

I’m probing whether there’s a double standard in your thinking. So I ask again, if a bunch of conservative pundits and politicians received explosive devices (real or fake) would your default reaction be that it’s a right wing false flag event?

Those GOP voters were mislead by Bush/Cheney and the Media and thats what led them to question the whole GOP vs DNC thing. All of the MSM pushed for that war. Then the GOP tore itself apart during Bushes second term and Obamas entire 8 years when many of them voted for Obama. I sat there watching in pleasure relishing as I saw that crooked GOP tear itself apart in fighting, and questioning its existence over 12 years.

What surprised me most that caught me off guard was that the DNC was just as crooked and has yet to do the same. Once the DNC also tears itself down maybe a few years down the line and rebuilds an honest party not voting for the same Wars (War mongers in the DNC supported the Invasion of Iraq too) I will look into voting DNC again or and hopefully they will represent the Middle Class of America in POLICY not RHETORIC only.

It’s a shame you joined the Dark Side then. :wink:

Doesn’t matter whether you’re on the left or right…if you’ve been observing electoral history in the U.S. over the last 50 years or so, it’s just stupid not to consider the possibility that this is an October surprise. Anyway, I’m not saying that it is, and hopefully the facts will come out soon.

1 Like

It wouldn’t be my default position, but I’d definitely consider it to be a possibility.

1 Like

I was heavily against the Iraq War. I hated Bush/Cheney and Bush Sr. Many other liberals just tuned out during that time as the MSM supported the invasion and the majority of GOP voters bought into it. I remember the MSM had this unified message back then of…Hes the elected President its UnPatriotic to question the President, so I saw many liberals just zombie along with it.

This is why no reasonable discourse is possible in here. I literally just said anything is possible. But somehow to you that means I’m 100% sure of what happened.

1 Like

Then the idea that this could be Democrats playing dirty should not come as some far right conspiracy theory, but common sense.

1 Like