Exposing the Killers

My aim is to expose those who harm the environment and those who are so narrow minded not carring about others around them that are trying to enjoy this beautiful place we all inherited.

Place: Kenting

Offence: Killing the only fish we saw that day with scuba equipment at 30m and there were at least five more incidences that day, all by the same dive club.

Party Involved: Taipei Diving Club, sticker on Cylinder so visible!

Evidence: http://cmonsta4.blogspot.com/

Ruling: Your a DICK!!!

Sentence: Go back to live with your primates in the Caves.

I’ve done some diving with several scuba diving shops in Kenting and just about all of them catch fish and lobster with spring-loaded spear guns. What they do is go for a dive and then they cook the fish and have dinner or luch after the dive.

Not much worse than going to a restaurant and ordering fish that came from local fishermen. If they kill fish for pleasure and they don’t eat it however, it’s a pretty pointless thing to do.

I must say though the first time I saw a fish stabbed to death, I was also disturbed, it ruined my dive. By the sounds of it, that’s what happened to you. I tend to stay away from the guys with spear guns now but I do see the fish in their nets when they surface.

bobepine

You saw only one fish on a dive? Someone doesn’t know where to take you, or diving in Kending really does suck.

AFAIK, spearfishing is not a crime BTW.

There are lots of fish there. Many are too big to spearfish.

Anyway, sliced with some wasabi they taste great! :wink:

Just kidding, any spearfishing I do is outside of the park.

I say we stop spear fishing only when the sharks stop trying to eat us. They started it.

I get 'em when they’re charging…sproing!sushi!

Sorry, people. I was under the impression that Kenting is a National Park, not just things above the water but below it as well.

BTW, spearfishing with the use of scuba equipment is illagel.

I have no problem with people eating fishing or even spearing fish, but do it away from dive sites, leave the small fish, if you know its a rare species, do not touch.

This is the route land animals in Taiwan went, hunted till extinction.

If you are looking for a professional diving club, then I suggest try AAFDC.
Awesome dive center with fantastic facilities. The owner is an old navy diver and respects the environment.

We chose this dive site decause of a particular little creature that can only be found at that spot and its the only spot in Taiwan.

[quote=“Cmonsta”]

I have no problem with people eating fishing or even spearing fish, but do it away from dive sites, leave the small fish, if you know its a rare species, do not touch.

[/quote]Very well said. I could not agree more.

And welcome to Forumosa Cmonsta. :notworthy:

bobepine

[quote=“Cmonsta”]Sorry, people. I was under the impression that Kending is a National Park, not just things above the water but below it as well.

Awesome dive center with fantastic facilities. The owner is an old navy diver and respects the environment.

We chose this dive site decause of a particular little creature that can only be found at that spot and its the only spot in Taiwan.[/quote]

You are correct. The park does extend underwater for the area outside of the nuclear plant. I don’t know if in Taiwan there is a rule against scuba diving and spearfishing, but I’ve been led to beleive that spear guns are clearly illegal - but so are Rambo knives (so if you have any knife with serrations on the back, it’s illegal). Hawaiian fish spears seems to be in a grey zone.

[quote=“Cmonsta”]Sorry, people. I was under the impression that Kending is a National Park, not just things above the water but below it as well.

We chose this dive site decause of a particular little creature that can only be found at that spot and its the only spot in Taiwan.[/quote]

:notworthy: well said :notworthy:

I live in the mountains and ride there alot, everyweekend I get to watch the weekend warriors hike and go out of their way to kill every insect and animal they see, all the while leaving a trail of garbage behind them.

It is a national disgrace

So I’m guessing that dynamite is also on the no-no list…

Interesting observation Cmonsta.

I am always staggered that there seems to be a real lack of understanding of the true potential Taiwan has. If it was a clean place, where the land and living things were respected, this place would be a paradise and tourism would be world class.
NZ is raved about as the new place to film big movies, but I can see Taiwan has got arguably more diverse scenery.

and weather