Express mail, FedEx to Taiwan

Had stuff delivered by FedEx from the UK. No issues at all.

That has been our experience. Wonder if this is true between the US and other Asian countries?

My father sent me something important that I needed. He used DHL and it arrived ahead of time before expected.

DHL has the best customs agents / service of the three major carriers from my experience. Itā€™s not the cheapest, but I feel you get what you pay for. I personally would never mail anything with FedEx.

Got two FED Express boxes today from the USA, seems sent Friday so two business day services, faster than before the Wuhan Virus.

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences.

UPS lost my documents twice within the U.S. Their volumes are extremely high due to Amazon shipments during covid. FedEx specializes in important documents, versus ordinary mail or packages.

Our experience is both the same , getting a few boxes from various shipers. We had on FederalExpress delayed due to import tax (silly for paper, but the shipper put some customs value when they should put no commercial value and we paid a few dollars in duties. We also had FedEx go to China then back here, with a extended delay in China but this is maybe it not being clear itā€™s to TAWAIN from the shipping label ie Taiwan Republic vs Republic of China Taiwan

DHL says Taiwan is a country.

1 Like

That is a terrible mistake for fedex to make.
Thanks for letting us know.

Unfortunately, it seems that I have to drive across the city to ship via DHL, thatā€™s what I was told by DHL.

At first I put some value on the documents with the idea that if it is lost (like my UPS packages) I can get reimbursed for the things that cost money (such as paying a notary). But then because of customs I did put $0. By the way, the fedex person in customer service told me to put $1 because the website does not take $0, but it does. Another tip - donā€™t use fedex lite shipping on fedexcom. The advanced tab gives you a discount (I guess with the idea that you are someone who will be shipping more items in the future). I saved $15 on fedexing to Taiwan. I donā€™t know how to get to the advanced tab. You can ask customer service. I think it does not show once you are in the advanced shipping manager. She also said do not pick any option for signature required. That way if the office says drop it through the slot fedex would be able to. So I do that when shipping out. I pick signature required when shipping back to myself.

Was that a long time ago?
My label only says Taipei TW so there is no reason it should go to the mainland.

I have a FedEx shipment to me that is delayed. I am told I can get a refund because the guarantee is still good. (UPS and USPS no longer guarantee I am told.)
So this is another plus in favor of FedEx.

When I called today to get my refund, I was told that the FedEx agent I spoke with yesterday was wrong, that the FedEx money-back guarantee has been suspended since March.

Although I do not like being given wrong information, I guess I will keep using FedEx for original documents because most people use USPS or UPS, and so the number of packages FedEx is dealing with is lower.

The FedEx money-back guarantee for U.S. seems to be suspended, but itā€™s possible it is in place for international. I guess the only real way to know is to get a refund after a delayed shipment.

For FedEx, you can save around 30% right now by printing your label at home. I guess this saves FedEx labor costs.

This is an appropriate time to activate Karen mode.