Express Tax Return - Agent Appointment

Has anyone applied for Express Refund for their tax returns?

I’m leaving the country for good in a month and would very much like to have my tax returns now, rather than in April next year.

So in order to get the Express Refund I need an agent. As far as I understand, this agent needs to be a Taiwanese national who works at a Taiwanese company, and who has access to or authority to use the company seal to stamp the agent appointment form I’ve been given.

But I can’t seem to find anyone who can be my agent.

Has anyone got any experience with this?

I don’t have experience applying for express tax refund, but I have heard of it from officers in Taipei taxation office, the one near Beimen station.

I was told this service is only available in Taipei and only available in certain time of the year, if you missed the timing then you’ll need to wait for the next tax refund period.

express refund should allows you to receive refund in person without any appointing any agents, in a week or two, I was told.

As for appointing agent, the only agent thing I know of is appointing a person to pick up your tax refund check when it is available, you’ll still need to wait until next April. and only personal seal is required, no need for company seal.

I suggest you go to the tax office in person to find proper answers, officers there speaks good English. I cannot find any relevant info on government website.

I already went and what I’ve mentioned is what they told me.

I need an agent, and it can be virtually anyone (as long as he/she is Taiwanese), but company seal is required.

This agent is just a representative of myself here in Taiwan, in case there are any issues with my taxes when I’m away.

They also said that I need to submit this agent form with company seal on a Monday, and then I will have the money in a couple of days.

The problem is that none of my Taiwanese friends have the authority to use their respective company’s seal, so maybe I’m forced to find a Taiwanese business owner/manager to do it.

Wait, what? An express agent? Does this mean that after you file your taxes in May you’ll have the refund in a few days instead of August 1?

Yeah I guess so. But you’ll have to do go through a lot of hassle to get it.

Too bad there wasn’t a service like HR Block that would do it for you for a fee

True. At this point I’m willing to pay anyone to do it.

You haven’t got it? They were disbursed Aug 1