Extending a visitor visa

I have a 2 month resident visa which is due to expire May 16th. I may need to extend the visitor visa if I cannot find a job in time to have them process my ARC. What is the easiest way (or the only way?) to extend a visitor visa?


In order to extend your visa you would need to do the following things:[ul]

  1. Make a trip to your local Foreign Affairs Police office.
  2. Have a passport that is valid for at least 6 months.
  3. You must apply at least 15-days prior to expiration.
  4. Provide valid reasons for extension.[/ul]

The valid reasons for extension part is what can get some people into trouble when extending their visa. Some FAP departments can be really strict about it. Taipei City for example is known to be very difficult.

If you show the police proof that a work permit application is already under way, they will probably extend your visa. Otherwise I don’t think you will have much luck.