Extending stay after ARC expired

Yeah, color me skeptical.

I’m planning to quit my job in the next couple months and apply for an ARC extension. I’ll have been at the school for about 8 months.

However, I was dumb and overstayed my visa by 1 day in April while waiting for my work permit to process. Any idea if this will give NIA pause in issuing an extension?

(Yes, I will ask NIA but am asking here first in case someone has been in a similar position.)

I’ll go out on a limb and say, no, it won’t affect anything.

1 Like

I’ll keep my toes crossed and throw an answer up here for reference once I have a definitive answer.

I saw this thread while searching for my question for ARC extension.

My contract will expire on July 31 but planning to resign on July 5(planning to submit my resignation on first week of June)

Can I extend my ARC for 6months even thou I already did that when I graduate in taiwan in the previous year. (I extend my ARC for a year after july 2020(looking for job) then got the job on January 2021 and change my ARC to working purpose

then you can extend it before the ARC would become invalid. It is not the expiration date on the card, but when your employer would report the termination of your contract by the resignation and authorities would process it.

If my last day on July 5 I still have 15 days window period to process the extension of my arc to looking for job purpose?

Can I do this every time I resign or graduated here in taiwan ?

does someone experience while having this kind of arc(looking for job purpose) they are also applying for another visa abroad?

There may be several days gap between your last day and the date all the process would be completed and your ARC invalidated, though the days are not guaranteed. You should go to NIA immediately after you get a termination letter from your employer.

iiuc, yes.

iiic, you would lose your ARC when you get another visa from ROC.

all the above, you may want to ask to NIA to make sure.

Hi i just want to ask . I resigned from my job in taiwan and my company wants me to go home on oct 9 . Can i still stay in taiwan until oct 14? Is there will be no problem with that. My arc will expire next year.