Extinction Rebellion

They’re really pissing people off. And they seem a bit dim gluing themselves to an electric train,

Bloody liberals. First they glue themselves to trains and then they’ll make us drink non-alcoholic beer.

They can’t make us do anything if they get themselves killed first. Let Darwin sort this out.

Should go over like a lead balloon in any part of the USA not on about half the western coastal fringe and about a sixth of the eastern coastal fringe of the nation.

Chucking in reparations like that, they might as well tattoo “we’re not serious” on the forehead of the movement.

But they’re looking for serious ways to unite people! :grin:

Q&A

What are Extinction Rebellion’s key demands?

The UK group of Extinction Rebellion has three core demands:

1) Tell the truth
The government must tell the truth about the scale of the ecological crisis by declaring a climate emergency, “working with other groups and institutions to communicate the urgent need for change”.

2) Net zero emissions by 2025
The UK must drastically cut its greenhouse gas emissions, hitting net zero by 2025.

3) Citizens’ assembly
The government must create a citizens’ assembly to hear evidence and devise policy to tackle the climate crisis. Citizens’ assemblies bring together ordinary people to investigate, discuss and make recommendations on how to respond, in this case, to the ecological emergency.

In the US activists have added a further demand: “A just transition that prioritises the most vulnerable and indigenous sovereignty [and] establishes reparations and remediation led by and for black people, indigenous people, people of colour and poor communities for years of environmental injustice.”

Piss London commuters off at your peril. Those guys are close to committing mass murder on a good day.

Why target public transport?

I posted this on another thread, but it is better here:
The co-founder Stuart Basden of extinction Rebellion said Extinction Rebellion isn’t about the Climate:
https://medium.com/@plaosmos/extinction-rebellion-isnt-about-the-climate-42a0a73d9d49

He talks about the delusions of white-supremacy, patriarchy, Eurocentrism, hetero-sexism/heteronormativity and class hierarchy.
He also said this:

My ancestors are European, some of whom claimed to ‘own’ people as slaves. There are black people with the name Basden in the Americas, and I have begun to mobilise my (white) family to make contact in order to seek to pay reparations.

And he views women as female assigned people. Are men male assigned people?
What about neutroids?

Meanwhile in Canada:

There’s a right way and a wrong way to raise awareness of environmental issues, and I can’t imagine anything more counterproductive than what these dumbasses are doing. They’re even stupider than PETA.

3 Likes

Is anyone out there actually unaware?

It’s been done to death. We need to move on to some fresh ginned up panic. Let’s do asteroid impactors or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDwyBWjfFaM