Extreme hikes in taroko gorge

I am. It doesn’t look much worse than some of the ridge hikes I used to do in Hawaii.[/quote]

Cool. Let’s see if a few more people chime in and then we can get together some time to talk it over, what say you?

I am. It doesn’t look much worse than some of the ridge hikes I used to do in Hawaii.[/quote]

Cool. Let’s see if a few more people chime in and then we can get together some time to talk it over, what say you?[/quote]

A hike and a BJ. Sounds good to me. :laughing:

I’m in China on and off till mid-July and then swamped with work till mid-September, but after that I have a lot of free time.

The pattern of the Zhuilu is that it opens in the spring, then part of it collapses in a summer 'phoon, and it get’s closed until next year. Happened last 2 years. Hopefully it will escape this year, it’s a great trail.

There are 3 flat areas on route where Japanese Police CheckPoints used to stand: Zhuilu, Duanyai and Badagang. The first 2 would be great, illegal but safeish camping spots, although there’s no water.

Cool. Let’s see if a few more people chime in and then we can get together some time to talk it over, what say you?[/quote]

A hike and a BJ. Sounds good to me. :laughing:

I’m in China on and off till mid-July and then swamped with work till mid-September, but after that I have a lot of free time.[/quote]

Thanks for the BJ, Mucha Man. You’re getting good at it.

Thanks for the heads up, Nuit.

So, plan A: check it out this fall to see if it’s good to go. If not…
plan B: Try next spring

I live in Hualien.

I’m keen for the hike.

Weekday morning/half day or weekend good for me.

Early June would be good for me.

GRC22, I’ll send you a PM. My last hike was Dabajianshan in April, and I’d really like to do something else in the next month or so.