Eye floaters

Man, I never search :P. But there was some info in that thread.

Sounds like catch-22. Yossarian couldn’t see the flies in his eyes because he had flies in his eyes.

Appleby is the one who had flies in his eyes.

Stu, basically it’s tough doo doo. sorry to tell you.

I recently had problems with bright lights at work, so I went to the hospital. To cut a long story short, I was diagnosed with ocular hypertension, which if left untreated can eventually grow into glaucoma. I have to use drops twice a day. What is very annoying is that I have near perfect vision - 19/20. Anyway…

I asked the doctor about the floaters, she told me that they are perfectly normal and unfortunately there is no way to cure them. You can however reduce them by:

A, reducing caffeine intake
B, vigorous exercise

These two methods do work, as I’ve experimented with them. The floaters are not an indication of bad health or disease, they are just one of those things you have to get used to.

Anyway, hope this helps.

L

Floater threads are merged now.

Thanks for merging the threads. Thanks for the replies too.

[quote=“Limey”]Stu, basically it’s tough doo doo. sorry to tell you.

I recently had problems with bright lights at work, so I went to the hospital. To cut a long story short, I was diagnosed with ocular hypertension, which if left untreated can eventually grow into glaucoma. I have to use drops twice a day. What is very annoying is that I have near perfect vision - 19/20. Anyway…

I asked the doctor about the floaters, she told me that they are perfectly normal and unfortunately there is no way to cure them. You can however reduce them by:

A, reducing caffeine intake
B, vigorous exercise

These two methods do work, as I’ve experimented with them. The floaters are not an indication of bad health or disease, they are just one of those things you have to get used to.

Anyway, hope this helps.

L[/quote]

Limey, that’s interesting. I just had a medical at work today, and pretty much the only thing I was told (after a bone test, of all things) was that I need to cut down on caffeine, and should eat more fish. The eye test came back as perfect, BTW.

Funny thing is that I have one coffee at breakfast and that’s about it. I sometimes have a coke at lunch, or very occasionally a bar of chocolate. I can’t think of any other sources of caffeine. I don’t think I can give up on that one cup in the morning. I can’t even open my eyes without it.

As for the exercise, it’s true I’ve hardly done any since I came here a year and a half ago. I’ve been getting better recently though. Started going ot on my mountain bike, and this weekend, they opened our swimming pool and I was in it both days. Hopefully this might start to help.

Thanks again.

Yes, that’s the problem Stu, you can have great vision but still have to put up with the shit floating around. Oh well, sometimes when I’m bored I play “watch the floater”…