Eyesore in front of Taipei Main Station

I find this statue a little disturbing. Could it be that the artist was that naive or is it a case of what’s in the eye of the beholder?

You think too much.

Taipei is the capital of Taiwan and that’s the Main Station. I think something like this would be more appropriate:

What he said.

Reminds me of my second year in Taiwan teaching kindergarten kids. By then I was pretty used to the different standards of acceptable contact between teachers and students (ie, you could hug students or pick them up without anyone thinking anything wrong) and the lack of privacy when kids were changing or what not, but for a couple of young Canadian female teachers it was all very disturbing.

Anyway, one day at the end of the year a spontaneous water fight broke out. The entire school got involved including the principal. After it was over the teachers called the kids over and undressed them. For the next half hour, as the kids dried off, the playground was filled with 200 naked 4 and 5 year olds running and playing and visibly quite happy to be unemcumbered with clothes. Most of the teachers laughed and thought it was a sweet, funny sight. The two Canadian teachers of course were having conniptions. If a naked child ran up to one of them they turned away or averted there eyes. They brought their sense of shame to the event; shame did not come to it on its own.

So, yes, you read too much into that statue.

Innocence is disappearing. The children keep on talking about a yellow book. What is a yellow book?

Rasputin was a drunk and a fraud who was shot twice then dumped into an icy river…

Things that make ya say…hmmmmmm…

Rasputin was a drunk and a fraud who was shot twice then dumped into an icy river…

Things that make ya say…hmmmmmm…[/quote]

He couldn’t help it. He was obviously nuts.

Rinka…er, Rasputin,

don’t you have anything better to do than start yet another pointless, unamusing thread?

Love,

LagerLou…er, Infidel

[quote=“Infidel”]Rinka…er, Rasputin,

don’t you have anything better to do than start yet another pointless, unamusing thread?

Love,

LagerLou…er, Infidel[/quote]

I was finally killed just before your friends came to power.

How about another game, LL.

Rasputin,

eusepesr?

[quote=“Rasputin”]Taipei is the capital of Taiwan and that’s the Main Station. I think something like this would be more appropriate:

[/quote]

If Taipei was the capital of China that statue might be appropriate.