(F)lyin' Ted Cruz

I do agree to an extend. Which is why i said that’s it’s not like he couldn’t have done something. A bad look for Ted.

But a lot of the issue I think should be how poorly the state prepared. I don’t think we’re necessarily disagreeing.

Unfortunately as I’ve said. Ted is a strong supporter of Taiwan. So I’m worried this impacts that aspect of things, something maybe you can understand my concern about.

1 Like

Why? Good policy rejected because of party seems like something Cruz would do maybe, not the current party in power.

Why not? Most of these are brought up by Republicans like Ted. Not saying recently that it has not received more bipartisan support. It’s still a concern. I’m not saying it will but you can’t blame me for worrying and it’s important to me as a Taiwanese American.

Well, like you said, it has received support, you can be concerned until the cows come home but concern in the face of reason not to be, seems not a good way to spend energy. I wouldn’t worry too much.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t say it’s a major concern. But it is one, it’s important for me so you can understand why it’s one.

We will see. Biden seems to be ok so far with support for Taiwan so I’m happy to see that. Besides that comment about what China is doing is cultural.

Perhaps it’s equally important to me or anyone else, level of concern does not equal stakes.

2 Likes

I’m just concern overall with the legislation. It’s pretty strong of a military commitment. So not necessarily just about Ted.

Ya, one could write it up like that. equally as bias, one could say: “Just took a trip to Mexico”.

There are FAR greater issues going around, this is just a media war between blue and red. He could of done t better, for sure. But burn the man on his sliminess not this type of mind numbing bs. This is why people tend not to care anymore, flooded with shit so they dont pay attention to the golden nuggets.

Biden literally has to. Even if it were Xi in the US presidents seat, he would play it cool now. Im no fan of republicans, but the situation now is far from calming. Lets see in a year or two if his diligence and actions remain where his words are now. My bet is not, but would be thrilled to be proven wrong.

1 Like

I think people in Texas care. Guess who they won’t be voting for again next time around?

They care now cause it is avout them. Like most people. Him not being there in a storm does nothing.other than provide a fake image of loyalty to the people that for whatever reason people actually think important. He is high up, not on the ground, he gives orders through electronics. At the end of the day, he can do that from anywhere. So this was, at most, in poor taste and gives the impression he is above others and has the means to leave when he wants. Which is literally the american way…

1 Like

No it isn’t. Senators bailing to Mexico during a national emergency out of cowardice is the GOP way. Not the American way.

If I am reading the room correctly, Trump seems to be vetting candidates to primary virtually everyone in the Republican party, Cruz will be on the list.

1 Like

I was saying being rich enough to do as you wish is the American way.

Hindsight is 20/20. But i wouldnt put this anywhere in realm of the reactions Trump had to various storms. Or the reaction bush had to 911 in real time. This is but an “oops, sorry” incident on the grand sheme of things.

Such mixed feelings reading this. The process of watching such fealty is revolting, and the demands of loyalty over patriotic duty are cringe worthy. But it’s weakening the GOP politically.

How’s that 3rd party idea coming?

There are 3rd parties, and frankly they should of been more popular this round.

Pretty close! What was the book title again, My Pet Goat?

1 Like

I don’t think it matters if it’s Trump doing it or not, the dynamic goes back to before Trump and the “demands of loyalty over patriotic duty” are ass backwards, it’s McConnell and the establishment that demand fealty and they will destroy and betray their own supporters to the point of destroying factions that oppose the establishment political types.

This sums it up quite well.

1 Like

Look what those supporters are demanding and what they’re about though. The GOP want to win an election at some point again don’t they? They can’t constantly have a bunch of rioting imbeciles draped in confederate flags and Q Anon space laser types as the front of their outfit can they?

“The former South Carolina governor and U.N. ambassador seems genuinely baffled that former President Donald Trump refused to meet with her after Haley very publicly trashed Trump.”

She trashed Trump? or acnknowledged reality. I’m pretty sure I know how 'American Thinker" will portray it, from what I’ve read of them.

Not a good place to be for the GOP, fractured and at odd with each other. What turns it around?

1 Like

Ha, a politicians ‘apprentice’!

2 Likes