Fabulous Alleycat's at Huashan Cultural Park - Check it out!

That is weird. The day we were there they had a real smogarsbord of music: bolero, French ballads, Arabian New Agey thinghies…

I’ll be appearing there tonight, naked on the bar dancing in the New Year to Mariah Carey’s “Hero.” The lad will be working off his fare.

HG

How’s the view to 101 from there?

Wish I could be there… god, moving sucks…

You’ll have to walk to the field near the northwest border of the park (near Civic) to see 101.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]I’ll be appearing there tonight, naked on the bar dancing in the New Year to Mariah Carey’s “Hero.” The lad will be working off his fare.

HG[/quote]
Damn! Wish I could make it. Have a good one and try not to bruise your penis with too much flailing.

MAybe somebody could post the actual address in Chinese with the TELEPHONE NUMBER.

I love it when people post about agreat new place then never give proper contact details.

Maybe a map as well for tose furriners that can’t read Chinese

I think their pizzas are too round.

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]I’ll be appearing there tonight, naked on the bar dancing in the New Year to Mariah Carey’s “Hero.” The lad will be working off his fare.

HG[/quote]

I think I’ll lose my dinner if I dwell on the thought of you waddling around starkers!

[quote=“Satellite TV”]MAybe somebody could post the actual address in Chinese with the TELEPHONE NUMBER.

I love it when people post about agreat new place then never give proper contact details.

Maybe a map as well for tose furriners that can’t read Chinese[/quote]
華山店Hua Shan
02-23956006
台北市八德路一段一號
No.1, Sec.1, Bade Rd., Taipei

In December I sent this private message to Alleycat, but I never received any response. As I was once again invited to join a group at this branch and declined for the reasons below, I think it’s time to share my experience in public.

"Hello, I meant to write in October after my bad experience the evening of the 9th, but I never did (although I did bitch about it to David when I saw him on the 10th, and he told me I should talk to you). Then a group of Forumosan women decided to go to the Hua Shan branch for a dinner. I told them: “I will never, ever go to the Alleycats at Hua Shan again. They have the bitchiest waitress in the world working there, name something weird like Dollars. I was appalled at the way my two friends and I were treated by her, especially after shelling out so much money for the food. The food is indeed tasty, but a bit more than my starving student budget likes to pay for; however, for special occasions I can force myself to pay up.”

What happened to us is this: There were three of us, two Taiwanese girls and me, the foreigner. We placed our order with Dollars, and shortly another waitress came by with a Coke and a glass of orange juice. Since my friends had ordered a Coke and apple juice without ice, we thought it was someone else’s order and said so. She walked over to Dollars, who snatched the two drinks from her, stomped over to our table, slammed them down and claimed, “Yours!” This incensed my friends, who both work in the restaurant business, and the one firmly told her, “I ordered apple juice without ice, not orange juice.” When the OJ came, it was slammed down without a word. Our food arrived the same way, plates slammed down on the table rudely. I have to say that every other waitress who brought things was very polite, but because of Dollars’ attitude, I will never return to that branch.

After the women’s dinner, four different women posted these comments:
“Miss Dollars was exactly the way you described her to be. Fortunately we were all too occupied yakking away to be bothered by her.”
“Well, she wasn’t quite a bitch. But she certainly lacked something that the first server had. Can’t quite put my finger on it. Grace? Manners? The food and company was good, which more than made up for it.” ““Dollars” most definetly was bitchy but in the quietest way she could get away with. Disdainful , is the word I would use actually. Certainly not friendly in the way waitresses should be if they hope to have customers returning.”
“Dollars was not nice at all, but thankfully it didn’t affect our night.”

So, it’s not just me (and my two friends). Four other customers also received far less than stellar service, and who knows how many others have been permanently driven away by this woman’s attitude?

Now you know, and that’s my only purpose in writing to you. Your pizza rocks, and I’m darned sorry I can’t afford it more often."

Just to clarify, the usernames “Alleycat” is a person (me) and “Alleycat’s” is the pizza chain.

To settle any confusion, I started Alleycat’s in 2004 and posted about the restaurant under my username, “Alleycat”.

I no longer have any dealings with Alleycat’s but have retained my username, one that I’ve had since 2002.

Alleycat’s has been, and prospered, in the more than capable hands of another couple since April 2007.

All PMs concerning Alleycat’s should be addressed to “Alleycat’s”.

Thanks,

Alan

Eh? She’s always a sweetie to me. She’s lovely, in fact. The staff at the Huashan Alleycat’s is one of the reasons I like going there.

We were there last night and she was her usual friendly self to us. No complaints at all about the staff or service in Huashan.

I have often noticed a marked difference in the way foreigners–especially male–and locals are treated by (mostly) female wait staff at restaurants/watering holes popular with the foriegn crew.

My wife and some of my friends’ SO’s refuse to patronize certains establishments, whether in our (foreigners’) company, or not.

This is something that should be addressed.